Where Are They?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Lon Tanner, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Where are the politicians that are of the George Washington, John Adams. Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton mold? Will we ever see anyone like them again?

Bess Barber and Frank Sanoica like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Nope... probably not.

3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Being a history buff, those guys all had some skeletons in their closets too. They just didn't have the media in their face reporting it. However, I like having heroes. So, even though I know their darker history, I still think they were great men.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

After reading about Lyndon Johnson, I'm thinking he would make Trump look presidential. :D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Their darker history and skeletons are pretty mild and pale by comparison with todays flock of would be leaders.

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Giving it a fairly hard look, if it were possible to transport just a few of our major leaders of today back in time to do the job that our founding fathers did, it wouldn’t get done.
    I was brave enough to bring up the upcoming schedule of the House of Representatives just to see what mighty leadership causes face our representatives.
    I wrote “brave enough” for the simple reason that I deeply fear the congressional unknowns of how they earn their taxpayer funded paychecks.
    What I found was that instead of finding a Jefferson like individual debating points of a states rights to govern certain laws I found a hearing on minors use of the Juul nicotine device.
    Instead of a Madison declaring the right to bear arms, I find a hearing based on a 3 year (now) investigation on Russia’s collusion in the 1016 presidential elections.

Have a small read. Just click or touch the date and see what our fine representatives have to do with their time nowadays. It doesn’t seem to be anything that might even accidentally build this country but instead, find yet another stairway to hide under whilst avoiding the real work that needs to be done.

https://www.house.gov/legislative-activity/2019-07-24

Lon Tanner likes this.