Where Is Everyone?

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Chrissy Cross, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm missing her on here and she's one of my favorite's. Hope she's ok.

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I haven't seen her for quite a time. There were other forums that we come across with each other's posts but lately, yeah, I think she's not posting in other forums as well. She may be busy with something. By the way, tonight we will again go to the province but not to visit my nephew. This time, we are going to a water resort there. Monday is holiday here so we are taking advantage of the long weekend. That means I will be out of commission for some days.

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks Corie, hope she stops by and let's us know if she's just busy....hear that @Diane Lane?

I'll miss you too Corie, you are another favorite of mine and I enjoy your posts as well.

Have fun though!

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi Y'all, I lost someone I cared about very much, he was like a step son to me, and it's still too difficult to talk about it. It's been a very rough week. Hope y'all are doing o.k., and thanks for thoughts & prayers sent my way, I always appreciate them.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

image.jpg

Glad to see you here but I'm saddened to hear what happened.

6. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

That is sad @Diane Lane, it is always hard when you lose someone. I hope and pray he is in a better place now. Just today, on my Facebook page is a notification that today is my dead cousin's birthday. I wish someone would have told Facebook to take her page down, because it is shoocking and saddening to see it there. I still can't believe she is gone, and it was something that made all of us very sad, as she was not old, nor had she been ill. It was very unexpected. It never happens in our family.

7. Diane Lane

Registered

I have a long time Twitter friend who still has an active page on Facebook. I also get the notifications of birthdays, etc., but the family chose to keep it up so we could all post there when we think of her, which is sort of nice. I have mentioned making (not me, but someone else...I'd be happy to help, though) a memorial page on FB for him, which would be separate from his Facebook account page. Tomorrow would have been his birthday, and today's a week from when he died...it was very shocking, and it's going to take a long time to get over this loss.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am also saddened by your loss, @Diane Lane , and sending prayers and hugs for you, too. It is always hard to lose someone; but when it is totally unexpected, then I think that is even worse.
    I had a friend who died unexpectedly (sadly, from drug overdose), and even though it was almost two years ago, it is still hard to think that Jennifer could be dead.
    She was only in her 20's, and had two beautiful little girls that she loved dearly. A life ending that way seems just such a shame, as well as so sad.
    Her mother is also one of my facebook friends and she has a memorial page for Jennifer.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I have a few friends on Facebook that have died. These are mostly friends from forums but nobody has bothered to remove their Facebook pages.

It's actually quite a few so every time one pops up as a birthday it reminds me how many people I've known on forums and so many have died. It's also depressing.

Diane Lane and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am sorry for your loss, @Diane Lane. Families will sometimes leave the Facebook page up as a memorial. I think Facebook even has a setting for that, where no one can post to it any longer but its still there. However, I know people who want others to be able to post to their departed love one's Facebook page so that, each year, people will post remembrances and such. We have a friend who ran against either Susan Collins or Olympia Snowe, I forget which, in the Republican primary, for their US Senate seat, and we still put his sign out each election year, although he died years ago and since I couldn't bring myself to vote for Susan Collins or Angus King, who replaced Snowe, I write him in on the ballot. I'm sure the sign confuses people.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson

Not as bad, at least, as the 50,000 estimated ballots cast already in early voting, by dead folks.

12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]
    Diane x

Diane Lane and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  13. Diane Lane

Registered

Thanks, y'all. Yesterday was his birthday, or would have been. It's just a difficult time. I'm taking it a day at a time and doing a lot of pondering and praying. I found a site that makes up bereavement rings and his dad (my bestie) and I are considering getting them at some point. Here's a link, in case anyone's interested. I think they might also do bracelets/necklaces.

Chrissy Cross and Patsy Faye like this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Pleased to hear their is mutual support for you
    I will check that link, its a very nice idea :)

Diane Lane likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I see her on SF every day...wish you would come back here @Lara Moss. Miss you! Even if you don't come back, keep up the good work at SF! Enjoying your Trump posts over there.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Yvonne Smith likes this.