Who And Why For Vice President?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Denise Evans, Mar 6, 2024.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Thought maybe it would be good to have a thread just on VP for President Trump, hopeful aren't I ;) Better than my creepy attitude I sometimes don.

Right now, with what truly little I know about either, I will be watching Vivek, and Tulsi. I think they're my 2 faves. What I'm doing is trying to imagine "possible picks" as President, and go from that viewpoint.

I hope we get lots of contributors to the thread since for me, I realize how important it is to have the best pick we can get.

For those of you who haven't figured it out, I know very little about government, and how it all works, but I learn a lot right here, it's one of the main reasons I come to SOC. The other is it's pretty much the most open to free speech site I've found. And I don't like getting my hand slapped, but I am glad for the mods/admins :p

So who, and something on why what would you fill in the blank with ;) Vice President______________?

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

This is going to be interesting! Thanks, Denise, for starting the thread.

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

I agree Cody, I don't recall a lot of focus on the "people's" thoughts on a VP, and I hope it will teach me more about other possibilities, plus the ones I know a little about already.

I heard President Trump say, and I can only paraphrase it, when being interviewed by Laura Ingram from Fox. He said something to the effect that his VP has to be someone that can run the country, something like that. I'd never heard him talk about a VP much. I can only hope he is careful.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

This was pretty telling about how MAGA folks feel about VP. I did like what the gal said about Tulsi. although I just have my reservations about a female president, especially if it's one picked based on the fact she's a woman. I want to the person based on merit, which I think Tulsi has plenty of merit. Of course to be fair, I really though Pence was good, until he flung dung probably to save his own ass:

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

All I can say is, I don't believe it will be Pence. :D Also, we tend to gloss over the fact that Trump is OLD... nearly as old as Biden. A VP is a very important choice especially with two codgers vying for president.

6. Denise Evans

Registered

Well I don't neglect to think about Trump's age at all, but no, I haven't brought it up here. I think we all see the reality in that, plus the fact the dems could get desperate enough to assassinate him which would be utterly horrific for many of us.

Vada Bloom likes this.
  7. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Not only does the VP need to be young but he/she needs to be popular enough to run for president and win in 2028, assuming that he/she doesn’t become president before that.

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

9. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

While I like much of Ramaswamy's stump speaking, there are things making me hold back a little. Nothing specific, I suppose I don't have confidence in his authenticity.

Gabbard seems possible, but it feels really late in her public game to be standing next to Trump now. Some of her positions in the last 8 years have felt a bit dicey to me as well.

I can't think of a more acceptable 3rd possibility right now though.

10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm still withholding judgement on Ramaswamy. He is almost too polished, too perfect. Like he has been groomed like Obama was.

11. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The more I consider this the more likely I could see it.

12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

I was going to suggest My Pillow Guy, but Tim Scott would be even better.

Yvonne Smith and Shirley Martin like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Either of them beats Kamala. :D

14. Denise Evans

Registered

Enlighten me more about Tim as I think he's a good guy, but I don't know that much about him. What is your main reason for thinking he'd be a good VP, but most of all, would he be a good President if need be ;) ?

15. Denise Evans

Registered

I realize I didn't give my reasons to pick Vivek or Tulsi.

Vivek has a very successful business of his own, I guess he is not heading it up now, but he's still a part of. I now sort of compare Trumps expertise in being a successful business man, to anyone else running for an office in our government. I saw My Pillow guy mentioned, and he's grown his company exponentially, so he's another I think I would support. Vivek is passionate when he speaks, he's young and energetic, and I believe a conservative.

Tulsi is a pistol but she doesn't flaunt it, she's just very wise, young, and passionate as well. She's in the military, and smart/educated and she changed parties. I don't know a lot about that, but I changed parties when I saw the light let's say. That was back around 88, I married a Christian, Republican man. I learned so much about the Right and the Left, I wanted to see moral values upheld in government. So Tulsi Gabbard I think would be humble to both listen to the people, as well as stick to her promises. She has honor and integrity.

So do the others I mention here, imo.

Jacob Petersheim and Don Alaska like this.