Who Is Smarter, Republicans Or Democrats?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Chrissy Cross, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I am so tired of hearing that people voting for Trump are uneducated idiots. So, I googled to see if I could find actual numbers on who's smarter.

Found quite a few sites and it seems more sites claim Republicans are smarter or have a higher IQ.

I do have one liberal Democrat in my family and he's very smart; my brother. He's the head of the physics and math department at a University in CT. He was a Bernie supporter, don't know if he'll vote for Hillary.

My kids and their spouses are all Republican and are very smart. All Dentists. The rest of my family are all Republicans and all have PhDs, except for my middle sister who only has a masters degree in math. I'm the dumb bunny that dropped out of college but I was smart enough to pass the SAT with a score that got me accepted at Pitt and Penn State...I chose Pitt.
    I do admit almost all are liberal on most of the social issues and nobody is far right.

Anyway I think the polls that show Trump supporters as your low class dumbos needs to be fact checked because it's so not true among people I know.
    I love Andrew Klavin, he's the type of conservative I am....moderate. :)
    http://www.truthrevolt.org/videos/a...ns-are-smarter-democrats-and-more-liberal-too

Just my rant for today after reading a few liberal forum posts. :)

Also because 23 vets came out against Trump because of the Khan thing, they make it sound like all vets are against Trump.

Bottom line is I'll take a loud mouth over a liar any day.

Also , just want to add that I don't think all democrats are stupid because they're not....just the ones that make those sweeping generalizations about Trump supporters.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Denise Evans likes this.
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is directly related to the emails of an uncle who is a die-hard Republican. He has been sending anti-Democrat emails ever since Obama sat on the throne. I can imagine his disgust when Obama got another term as president. But the ranting emails continued. Now, it looks like he is more positive because he is for Trump. Even at the start of the nominating process, that uncle had already signified his support for Donald Trump, saying the guy has raw courage since he stands by his words. And he has the temerity for a radical solution to lingering issues like the illegal immigrants.

That uncle is already retired. He used to work for NASA.

5. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm a conservative republican and I'm smarter than any democrat so there's the answer.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That's why I wrote this post, Sheldon. I had you in mind. :)

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am an independent, so I'm smarter than all of them.

8. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

ive always been conserv but after watching the RNC and its dirty tricks im leaning towards independent to. this may be my last vote

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"Smart" is, as smart does. And the "does" done by politicians is probably less than 50% worthwhile.

Still, I have to hold my tongue, when walking out on the top of Hoover Dam. Built under the auspices of Federal Government, funded by floating a bond issue, bonds sold publicly, no taxation of Americans involved. Successfully built by the "Six Companies", private non-governmental contractors capable of pulling off one of the largest and grandest one-site construction projects up to that time. Built specifically for flood control, secondarily an even more economical reason, to generate electric power- hydroelectric power- no fuel burned, no steam generators and turbines, just gravity-fed movement of water- enormous amounts of it, provided by Mother Nature.

The electric power generated by Hoover Dam was sold publicly, much of it to Los Angeles area, the proceeds being used to pay dividends to the holders of the bonds, which were issued around 1938, or thereabouts, memory unsure. What I AM sure of, is that these were 50-year bonds, which at the end of their lifetime, 1988, had successfully funded construction of the Dam, and maintained it all those years, without cost to the taxpayer!

Finally, a good word for Government! A successful project "Of, By, and For" the people! Old Frank must learn to not berate government so constantly.

10. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Off the top of my head, I would say that Republicans are probably better educated. However, this year both parties could go back to school.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

During the primaries, Trump did very well in one state, I forget which. The significant thing was that he won in every demographic that they measured, including the higher educated and the lower educated. Well, the news reported only, and repeatedly, that Trump scored very well among the lower educated voters, and all the political comedians made fun of him, suggesting that only lower educated voters had voted for Trump.

12. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Who Is Smarter, Republicans Or Democrats?

Neither they the same they have been the same for many years. Different sides of the same coin. Bush wars, Clinton wars, Obama wars, where is the difference? Middle class slowly being erased the elites getting richer. The people will not stand up because they are afraid of losing their food stamps, pensions, well fare, maybe their medical benefits, all these and more leave people tied to a government who has no intention of helping anyone except the elites, big business and the politicians are hoping some day to be one.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  13. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Common sense, good judgement are things that are lacking in the world, that's what I see.

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I could never be 'one party'
    Have to sift through all of them - then decide

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I've always voted Republican but as you can see by my posts I'm really neither party. If there was a decent 3rd party that was moderate that would be my choice.

I'm pretty sure there are lots of people like me. Not far right nor far left. Sometimes I feel like an outsider here with my views, then I go read another forum that's mostly far left and they p*ss me off
    And I have to quit reading.

I'm a misfit. :)

Patsy Faye likes this.