Who Is Watching The Democrat's Candidate Debate?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Yvonne Smith, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have the television turned on and will watch the debate and see what they are saying. I am not a big television watcher; but I have enjoyed watching the Republican debates thus far.
    I was happy to learn that @realdonaldtrump will be following the debate and speaking about it on Twitter. That should be even more interesting than the debate.
    I think that VP Biden is probably going to see whether Hillary is going to lead the Democratic candidates, and then decide whether he needs to run or not.

Who else is watching, and what do you think about the candidates ?

Ina I. Wonder and Bill Boggs like this.
  2. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm watching. It's a good debate. But it's not over yet. Bernie Sanders and O'Malley are impressing me more than Clinton. I wish the Republican Debate had been as respectfully run as this one is. The questions are all about the issues and not anyone's character. Hillary's email scandal was quickly downplayed and dismissed as "it doesn't matter" (except one candidate). I disagree with that. Ethics and morals matter when you're the president. Apparently it matters to the Federal Investigative Committee.

Hillary praised Obama up and down and said she would only "continue to build on his many successes".Huh? She was by far more of a politician than anyone on the stage. I would say Bernie Sanders won the debate.

Sanders stressed how it's not right that "The top one-tenth of 1 percent" of Americans "own almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent." And, he said, they're using it to control government decisions for their own interest. Politifact says the percentage numbers are True. He says Wall Street should pay for all education for our young people. Wants to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hr as well as other plans to increase jobs etc.

They kept putting the Republican debates down but I blame the questions somewhat that provoked a lot of the inappropriate drama that went on there. They didn't have questions like that in this democratic debate.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    Bill Boggs and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I watched a movie about a man with a gambling addiction instead. I figured the liberal news media will tell me in the morning what I'm supposed to believe.;)

4. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't stand to listen to or look at Hillary.

Ike Willis likes this.
  5. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I always wanted so badly to like Hillary because I'd like to see a woman be a great president. I just see that it would be business as usual if she got it :(. As we all know, business as usual is destroying our country.

6. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Ike Willis likes this.
  7. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

By a big margin too.

8. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Exactly, Ike, but you would never know it to listen to reporters….they're all about Clinton. I saw the debate…it wasn't Clinton by far.

Ike Willis likes this.
  9. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I read some of the posts on Twitter about it. I rarely watch anything about politics on television, because I get too aggravated.

Ike Willis likes this.
  10. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I would think twitter posts would be aggravating but what do I know. I'm old school and have never been there. I don't understand hashtags or anything. I think I was the last person on the planet to get a cell phone. My coworkers finally insisted in case I got stuck in traffic on my way there. I actually heard about Trump tweeting there during the debates so I tried to find it last night. Found the site but no tweeting going on. Found a hashtag and clicked on it but it didn't take me to any tweeting. Then I decided I didn't really care since I was still watching the debates and multi tasking has never been my strong suit. I know, I'm blissfully comfortable with simplicity so I just happily go with it. :rolleyes:

11. Diane Lane

Registered

I follow a bunch of politically involved people, have for years, and tweet/RT a lot about politics. It's much more palatable for me than sitting and being fed a bunch of BS on television. I'm used to hashtags, use them all the time for my shops, on Twitter, tumblr and Instagram (and now a little on Facebook), so I'm comfortable with them. I'm pretty conservative, and one of the tags that's used a lot for those types of posts is #TCOT, and you can read some of those and follow the other related hashtags that will crop up in the feed to see similar tweets.

Pat Davis and Lara Moss like this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Trump picked up more Twitter followers during the Democratic debate than all of the Democratic candidates combined.

13. Diane Lane

Registered

The local ABC station posted that, I was surprised. Surprised that they posted it, not that it happened. I think a lot of people are unaware of just how many people are upset and fed up with how things are going in this country.

Pat Davis likes this.
  14. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Tonight's NBC Nightly News said "The Democratic Party has announced Hillary Clinton as the clear winner of the debate". Fox News Poll has Bernie Sanders at 78% and Hillary at 13%. Which is it I wonder? Big difference.

15. Diane Lane

Registered

From what I saw, it was Bernie Sanders for the left. Killary is the one they're trying to push, but I don't think even the koolaid drinkers are buying that.

Avigail David likes this.