Why Am I Disconnected From My Wi Fi When Posting On So?

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Lon Tanner, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

It happens when posting or responding.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Greeter
    Staff Member Greeter Patron Registered

This is something that has been happening to us, too, and not just with posting on the forum. One second, the WiFi is working fine, and the next second, we are not connected. My daughter uses Comcast, and we use AT&T, and she has the same problem. She thinks that it might be something to do with the last Apple iOS upgrade.
    If you switch to using the hotspot on your new iPhone, it will stay connected; so it is not anything to do with the forum, and maybe is something that is only happening to people using an Apple device.

Bess Barber and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Staff Member Greeter Patron Registered

I haven't had a problem as far as losing a connection but, for some reason, both my iMac and MacBook switch connections from time to time. Our ISP comes with four connections and, for some reason, they don't all have the same connection strength, although it varies from time to time. The only thing I can think of is that the Mac will look for the strongest signal and then switch over to a strong signal. If so, I suppose there would have to be a moment during the switch where I am disconnected, but I haven't noticed that. There's probably an option where I can tell it to stay where it is, but it hasn't caused any problems for me so I haven't looked. Anyhow, your connection is between you, your computer, your modem, your router, and your ISP. Neither the forum or any other website is going to disconnect you from the Internet.

Bess Barber likes this.
  4. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've not had the problem at all. I would think it's pretty annoying though.

5. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Veteran Member
    Registered

Has happened to me three times in last few mintues.

Bess Barber likes this.