Why Are There Still Primitive People?

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Yvonne Smith, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Something that I have often wondered about, is why we still have people who live the most primitive lifestyle, barely about what some of the more intelligent primate species live.
    If all of mankind started out as primitive human beings, why is it that some peoples learned how to do things better, invented new tools, and improved their lifestyle, and other people/tribes simply continued on with their primitive existence.
    Maybe once, people found shelter (lived in caves), but then humans started creating their own shelters, such as primitive huts and even tents in some countries.
    Eventually, that led to the creation of permanent houses, and by then, we had also developed farming and growing most of our food as opposed to simply foraging for what we could find to eat each day.
    Now, we have a world where there are in existence a complete variety of lifestyles, from the modern day civilizations that we enjoy here in developed countries, to the more minimalist lifestyles of some of the third world countries, and then we have the very primitive people dwelling in the remote jungles of the world, as well as the Australian aborigines.

Why do some civilizations improve themself, and others simply exist in a primitive life and never change anything ? Was there someone who came to this earth and taught some peoples to improve their lives ?
    Domesticated animals , for example , dogs, can be taught to do some amazing things when people take the time to teach them.
    Maybe , that is what happened to some of the human civilizations, too.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I've often wondered the same thing Yvonne... don't know the answer I'm afraid...

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, actually that "primitive" thing exists right here in the good old U.S. of A...........called Amish. Now there are some that live almost a normal lifestyle like many of us do, then there are those that definitely don't. Not "Stone-Age", Amazon or Australian types, but definitely not like normal folks.

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I do think there were advanced civilisations that came to Earth and imparted their knowledge
    Also I think, some people like to stay as they are, Native Americans would have preferred to stay within their own culture
    as an example

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Isolation?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is a great example, Patsy, and fits right in with my thoughts. When you look at just the American Indian tribes, even there, there is a great diversity. Some tribes lived very primitively, traveling along with where the food was, like a nomadic tribe.
    Other tribes, such as the Navaho and Hopi, became farmers, built houses (or modified caves as permanent homes), stayed in one place, and grew most of their own foods. They domesticated livestock, and used the milk and fur/wool to make new foods and clothing.
    All of the tribes might still have been living that same lifestyle to this day, had not the Europeans come along, settled parts of America, and traded with the Indians, blankets and other items they had never seen, for the furs or jewelry which the Indians had a lot of.

As @Ruby Begonia mentioned, I think that isolation played a large part in some groups of people not changing over the years. If that is indeed the case, then it also seems to address the possibility that earth was visited by a higher civilization that taught some of the early people here how to change their lifestyle for the better.

Patsy Faye likes this.