Why Online Information Isn't Changed?

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I've ran into this more times than I'd like to remember...….

First, a product is showing online, but is actually no longer available. Some online stores will show a product, but won't say whether the product is sold in the store or online only.

A store has closed, but the website hasn't been taken down for the store. Two marine service centers have closed here, but both are showing online as being completely open.

Bottom Line...….it's irritating!

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I hate that too... they show an item on their website..then they say check your local store for stocks.!! Why can't they just say if it's in stock or not.

I had that very thing happen last week..according to the website of a particular chain store, they had what I wanted , but they are one of the very few who don't deliver, so I couldn't order it online..so I drove 2 towns away to their nearest branch, only to find they haven't had the items in stock for weeks...grrrr!!! :mad:

Bobby Cole and Bess Barber like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I spent years working in Inventory Control and keeping things in stock was part of my job. But, then again, I was dedicated to doing it.

I know that, for some, changing online websites, costs the website owner. But, when a store completely closes down, but they leave their online website on, like they are still open...….just like Holly, grrrrrrrr! The phone number has been disconnected, WELL shut down the website as well!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I quit using sales websites that weren't associated with a big chain / box store. They can really be unreliable. It would be worse to send them your money to find out they DID go out of business and then you'll spend forever trying to get a refund.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I found a doctor, online, here in Loveland that my wife might want to see as her PCP. Drove to the "supposed" address listed for his office, connected to a hospital, but he had moved up to Ft Collins. Again, something online that was not changed to reflect his new address/phone number.
    Part of this was our fault, for not calling the number listed for him and finding out that he had moved.

Bess Barber likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

My last doctor left town and set up his practice in another city without even telling his patients. :rolleyes: He was a jackass anyhow.