Will Bernie Get Another House?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Mar 3, 2020.

?

As payment for being gracious about being screwed out of the nomination again, will Bernie get ...

Poll closed Mar 10, 2020.
  1. another house

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. a yacht

25.0%
  3. a $500,000 Amazon.com gift card

25.0%
  4. something else

50.0%
  1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Whatever it is, I'm sure he'll be gracious.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I think he'll probably get a Ben Dover t-shirt. :D

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know what he will get but they surely are joining forces to keep him from getting the nomination. The DNC is caught between a rock and a hard place. If Bernie gets the nomination, they know they will lose the presidency plus the House. If they keep him from getting the nomination, his supporters will vote for Trump or not vote at all. But they might still be able to keep the House. tsk, tsk, tsk.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Bernie has an ace up his sleeve if he want's to use it. He can threaten to go independent and split the Dem vote, guaranteeing Trump a win.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

I don't know how many, but some states have a sore loser law where once someone has competed in a primary, they cannot then be on the ballot as an independent. But you're right. If he did that in the states where he was allowed to, that would be the effect. My guess is that Bernie will go for the $500,000 Amazon.com gift card. ;)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think so, Ken. What's a few more hundred thousand to a millionaire? It's got to be something that he really, really wants. What could an old man with one foot in the grave want as compensation for having the presidency stolen from him twice?

7. Ken Anderson

Just four years ago, he was willing to grovel at Hillary's feet after being cheated out of the primary.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know why he hasn't run as independent from the get-go.

9. Ken Anderson

That could have been a gamechanger, I think.

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I almost picked the Amazon Gift card but after viewing what Biden seems to be doing regarding the other candidates, I’m sure he’s holding out for a diplomatic position or some such. Perhaps he might accept a nice cushy office in Havana, Caracas or even Moscow.

11. Ken Anderson

Ambassador to Russia, China, Cuba, or Venezuela would be fitting.

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I think that Bernie never expected to be the final candidate, this time or last time around, and I don’t think that he even actually wants to become president.
    Here is how it looks to me.
    Bernie attracts a fan base that none of the other have been able to reach out and get as well as he has done, and they all seem to really believe that he will give them all of that free stuff, for whatever reason.
    Even though he has some of the older people following him, by far, his followers seem to be the younger people and college group, ones that probably don’t work, but are eligible to vote.
    So, Bernie gets them all rounded up, hating Trump, and ready to elect him as president, and they are on board that they need to VOTE . Hopefully (for Bernie), they then transfer to whatever candidate the Democratic Party chooses, once Bernie is ruled out as the choice.
    Otherwise, this group might either vote for Trump, or maybe not even vote at all.
    Bernie knows that having ISIS type people dancing on his stage, showing a Nazi flag, and praising Communist Cuba is NOT going to get him the nomination for his party.
    But if his plan is just to become a “pied piper” for leading the young people into the Dem. camp, then he has done his job, and gets his reward from the democratic campaign.

In another strange happening, Joe Biden has said that Bernie has moved to the Trump Camp, it appears. I watched a video clip that he was asked about his violent reaction to the man yesterday, and his response had nothing to do with the question, and just said that Bernie is now joining Trump.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

I have a niece who is a Bernie supporter. She hasn't spoken to most of her family since 2016 because most of them voted for Trump and, according to her, Trump is ruining her chances for a good life. However, despite the fact that she doesn't know just what it is that Trump is doing to ruin her life, she also didn't bother voting in 2016 and, quite likely, she doesn't plan on voting this year either. I think that's the case with many of Bernie's young warriors. They'd rather break things and beat-up old women on the streets.

Of the slightly older Bernie supporters, many of them are attracted to the populist message rather than to the more complicated issues, which is why Bernie supporters can gravitate to Trump, and vice versa.

14. Yvonne Smith

15. Yvonne Smith