Will Nancy Have The Last Word?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Hal Pollner, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Will the President have to Cave, or will he enact the National Emergency act?

Hal

2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

QUIEN SABE??

Nancy Hart likes this.
  3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

That's right, Lon...who knows?

Hal

4. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

If there were an actual emergency (which there isn't) emergency actions should have been called FIRST THING, no waiting to see if the wind blows your way. If it is called for, it won't be implemented, it will be tied up in courts but Trump is only trying to please his base, so that should be enough. THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE! LET'S WAIT TO SEE IF IT RAINS! Ain't gonna work, IMO. Truman couldn't (and rightfully so) "nationalize" the nation's steel companies during the Korean War and this pathetic lie of an act will fail too.

Nancy Hart and Frank Sanoica like this.
  5. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

Is it an emergency I don't think it rises to that level.

Only an American living in a cave never having access to the impact of the continued inflow of illegals wouldn't understand the need to deter the those entering illegally.

No need to outline the measures in place or those suggested to improve the deterrence. I'd like to see politicians working diligently to solve what we all know to be true instead of who wins.

In a way I think Trump is trying to force the issue and the resistance by democrats is not going to bode well in future elections. What better way to show concern for the way of life we enjoy now. Contrasting doing more and being opposed by Nancy Pelosi & the democrats that don't think for themselves and follow party lines seems to me to be a no brainer.

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

the National Emergencies Act has been in force since December 21, 2017 where was all the protest then. There is a big surprise coming.