Winning The Lottery

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Yvonne Smith, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Nope, probably not. I know someone who's 92 and smokes, doubt he'll quit either.

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

If you wanted to, there could be a benefit, you never know. But, since you've quit a few times, you probably know that you usually feel worse for at least a while after quitting. I quit a few times over the years also, before I finally quit. One time, I quit for 7 years, but since stress was a major trigger for me, when I was in another very stressful situation, I started smoking again. It didn't help that I was dating someone who smoked, since it was readily available.

The neighbors who both smoked were in their 80s, and we all knew they'd never quit. I think everyone in their family smokes, and that makes it harder to quit and stay smoke-free, since being around it can be a trigger. Thankfully, I can be around people (and also could when I quit for the 7 years) who smoke, although since I'm under a lot of stress right now, it does sometimes make me crave a cigarette.

They're always exes for a reason @Chrissy Page ;). My mom quit when she was 21. My dad, my brother and I smoked. My dad died of lung cancer, which surprised us, because there was no cancer history on his side, it was all on my mother's side. My brother still smokes.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

On the topic of the lottery: If you play Friday's Mega Millions, you could make some mega bucks. Since no one matched all six numbers, the multi-state lottery jackpot has now reached $363 million. I'm going out later today and also later in the week, and hopefully I can snag a few tickets for it. I like that the Mega Millions jackpot doesn't get as huge as the Powerball ones, and the tickets are only $1 apiece, instead of the $2 apiece for Powerball tickets.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sure my Honey will picking up some of those Lotto tickets too @Diane Lane, I think I'll give him a couple of my bucks to pick me up some too. :) Everytime I go and help out at my daughter's in Texas with my youngest grandchild...I feel like I have won the lottery. My daughter not only pays for my train ticket, but has yummy treats for me while I'm there and then pays me for the days she works and I take care of my grandchild all day. I also get on the train with some cash of my own, but always have come back home with that cash and some more added to it. This time my daughter added two Chili's and one Papa John's gift cards to the extra money she paid me. It's nice to be appreciated by my children...and I am so thankful that I am healthy enough still to help them out when they need it. Those Chili's cards bought us a fine Father's Day meal that I didn't have to cook. ;)

Correction :eek: My Honey will be picking me up some of those Mega Millions tickets @Diane Lane. And since you told me about this...I will be sure to remember you when I win! :D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane My Honey just brought me my Mega Millions tickets. I bought 10 this time...one for each of my grandkids. :)

6. Diane Lane

Registered

Wow, it sounds as if you've already hit the jackpot with your children @Babs Hunt. Plus, 10 is a good number, good luck! I just got back from shopping and picked up some myself. I got my usual ones I didn't pick up at the beginning of the month (a Lotto, a Powerball & a Mega Millions, plus 2 more Mega Millions. Good luck all around to those playing, I hope one or more of us wins. It'd be great if we all shared the jackpot :D.

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh yes @Diane Lane I often refer to our grandkids as me hitting the Lotto Jackpot! :)

These are all our daughters children.
    IMG_1373.JPG

The three boys without the mustache and beard are our son's boys
    Daniel and the boys.jpg 13090318_10153394558266207_705806813_n.jpg and this is my grandson...who is still being "perfected" in the "oven". He is due around September 21st and I can't wait to meet him. :)

Diane Lane likes this.
  8. Diane Lane

Registered

Well, you definitely have your hands full with them, @Babs Hunt. It looks like a great crew, and I'm sure the family get togethers are lots of fun. Back when we had a huge family, it was always enjoyable to gather at the holidays, catch up on what everyone had been up to, and meet any new additions.

Babs Hunt likes this.