Wish I Knew What My Dad Knew

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Martin Alonzo, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I just started on a project to teach my children what I have learned over the many years. We all would love to have the knowledge we have now at a younger age. My daughter 11 and my son 10. I told them how you would like to have the power to understand others and the ability to solve personal problems in yourself and others.
    They were first a little confused and when I showed them some techniques in NLP and Hypnosis their curiosity took over and they are egger to learn. I remember by first experience in these fields. Reading books like Chariots Of The Gods showing some people could learn at an increased rate like language or a person using hypnosis go under an operation without pain and heal faster than normal. I was hooked and had to know. Then learning about NLP teaching how the brain works and not just memorizing things. How the brain actually process information. It was a quantum leap in understanding. My wife came up to me to-day telling me she had a dream last night that a close cousin was killed in an accident and she was crying because it seem so real and she could not get it out of her mind. With a NLP technique in a few minutes she had difficulty getting a bad feeling out of that memory and the dream is hard to remember.
    I was a registered hypnotherapist in the 1980s and a Master practitioner of NLP in the 1990s I do not want to see all that training wasted so I wanted to pass it on. These are fields not taught in most education systems, but people in these fields usually teach the teachers in the education systems.
    There was a book written in 1987 Therapeutic Trances first edition was sold out to religious seminaries.
    If you have never heard of NLP some people who use it are Anthony [Tony] Robins or Derren Brown of English TV are probably best known

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) this is interesting.

3. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Von If you are interested in it I will give you some idea of how it works. It does take awareness of what is going on in your mind then you can apply to others.

4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm game, bring it on.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Registered

I don't know if it should be in this thread or in a PM I will let the mods or your choice. There is many parts to NLP but in the 1960s the founders noticed some things that psychologists missed. Like when you ask a person a question and the answer is let see they look up, Then they might look down and say that is hard to answer. Eye accessing is important to watch because tells you how they are processing the information visually, auditor ally,or kinetically. They found looking up in one direction is recalling a visual memory the other is a constructed. same as looking side ways one direction remembered and the other constructed. Looking down one direction is feelings and the other is internal dialog. That is just the start still interested

Von Jones likes this.
  6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I am and a PM is fine.

My question here is what is the meaning of constructed.

7. Martin Alonzo

Registered

The meaning of the word constructed is it was made up and did not really happen for example a policeman ask you about a ring you claimed was stolen if you look up to memory he knows it is true but if you look up to constructed he know you are lying because you just made it up.
    OK this is just a small part of NLP but how can that knowledge be used. The founders went and model people to see what strategies they use to do different things. Example spelling they noticed a good speller looks up the quickly down and to the right then straight and spells the word. So the speller looks up and sees the word looks down to see if it feels right then spells it. This can happen so fast that you might miss it. For a teacher if they ask a student to spell a word and he looks down he has gone into feeling and probably a poor speller. If he looks to the side he is probably sounding it out poor strategy for some languages. Teacher should be teaching the strategy use by good spellers to their students. A good speller could possibly spell the word backwards that can only happen if you see it.

Von Jones likes this.
  8. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

@Martin Alonzo Reading books like Chariots Of The Gods showing some people could learn at an increased rate like language or a person using hypnosis go under an operation without pain and heal faster than normal.

I once was at the dentist and he told me about a patient who was getting a root canal, a soldier who had just returned from a combat zone and had been practicing some type of meditation and told the dentist he would like to have his root canal without any pain medicine.

The dentist said he thought to himself, "Ok, Rambo!,'' and very reluctantly started the root canal.

He said the entire procedure was completed without the patient requesting anything for pain or appearing to need it.

9. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Von Jones do you want more or had enough ?