Wish List For Christmas

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Other than the wishes of better health at our age, are there anything you really would like for Christmas?

Our biggest "wish" came true when I was able to walk on the foot I injured in a fall I had. Even though I'm not completely healed, God was sure there for us. We praise him everyday for this and continuing healing of the foot. I really thought I'd never walk on the foot again. At any age a fall can be/is scary, but at our age, a fall is very scary and pretty painful.

Another "wish", that is being fulfilled, is the repair of our boat. Costly, but.

And, of course, if we could win a few million playing the lottery, that would be a terrific gift as well.:)

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Pleased to hear your foot is healing well Cody
    To be comfortable would be my wish right now :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My personal wish is that God will bless me with strength and energy to continue to help my daughter with the grandbabies until she can find an angel in Texas that she feels will "mother and nurture" these two little ones like she and I do. Or if I've been a really good girl this year maybe I'll get my heart's desire and that would be for my daughter and her family to move back to Louisiana so we could all be together again.

Another gift my heart desires is to hear that my Nephew is off drugs for good and finding the purpose for his life again.

And I wouldn't mind winning the lottery or Publisher's Clearing House $10,000. 00 a week for life so I could buy a place by the ocean big enough for our whole Family to enjoy time together in, and another place big enough for all of us on a lake where we could fish all we wanted to from our own private pier, etc. (This would be the place my husband and I would live most of the time). Besides paying off the few bills that we do have....I would have the fun of paying off my Family's bills too and handing them the mortgage deed to their homes, etc. wrapped up like Christmas presents. :)

I also wish my middle daughter and her family could be back in their home that got flooded for Christmas, For awhile that was looking possible but things have fallen through so much lately that it doesn't look like it's going to happen now.

Gosh my list seems long this year....but since you did say wishing for I guess I can make it my longest list ever if I want too. :)

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yes, a Christmas "Wish List" can be/is very long. We all want good things for our families/family members.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Patsy Faye

Registered

So do I ! :D

Yvonne Smith and Babs Hunt like this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't want anything material for Christmas... unless someone wants to buy me a new car of course... :D...but I would love to go and spend Christmas with my daughter abroad. She's had a very hard years with so many emotionally and physically taxing things, and although she has friends to spend Christmas day with her she really needs her family around her at this time. Unfortunately I can't go , I am working right up to and including Christmas Eve, and so is she tbh.

So I wish for nothing for myself, but I wish with all my heart a happy and contented time for my daughter, and a precursor to a whole new bright and happy 2017

8. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

If I should win a few million in the lottery, I'd take care of the rest of the list myself. .

9. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Holly Saunders - Can you go over to celebrate the New Year in ?
    Best wishes to your daughter :)

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

No Patsy unfortunately not,..I'll be working all over new Year... but thank you so much for your best wishes for my daughter... xx

Patsy Faye likes this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Oh ..............:(

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Sorry to hear you can't be with your daughter, but many families, especially Seniors, can't be. Finances/health just won't allow it. That's the way it is for us (finances).

New car, hugh? Got a bad one? We'd like that to, but wife would have to stay working a lot longer than she wants to. We have to stick with what we have.

13. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Material wise, I got all I need. If I can't have my youth back, then I guess I'm all set. Wish I could help others with their needs.

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

No I haven't got a bad one Cody...it's a good car it's great for me, because it's got a high seating position, which helps me get straight in and out without bending because I have a problem with my back. However it's manual which is 75% of the cars on British roads..unlike the USA......and because the lumbar disc problem gives me sciatica down one leg , using the clutch and gear-stick in heavy traffic driving to work and back , stop, start all the time at lights etc.. really causes a lot of pain, so really I should get myself an automatic, but I've driven them abroad and I'm not very keen on them.. Hubs has a semi auto sports car, but I just can't get used to it...so yes I'd love a new car for those reasons, but otherwise mine is fine

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sure we are all wishing that for your daughter too now that you have shared this with us. And we wish for you better health, a new car with automatic shifting and lots of joy and time with your daughter throughout the New Year. :)