Would You Be Happy If You Got What You Deserve?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Diane Lane, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Obviously the answer is yes. I had been religious since I was in grade school on the learning that God will give me my wishes if I have been a good girl (person). Now I'm still following that line so I try to be good all the time even if Santa Claus is not coming to town. With the blessings that I receive, I can't thank God enough because I know that I have been receiving more than I deserve. For the material things, we now have our own house that will be fully paid this July, we have 2 cars, I have a good job and my husband also still have a job. So many things to be thankful for.

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow, y'all have no idea how moved I am that you all have opened up so much in this thread. Getting what we deserve can be a scary thing. I hear so many people bleating on about how they deserve this and deserve that, and yes, I've been guilty of that myself. I started thinking about it, though, and even though I'm basically a good person, and have done good things and helped many over the years, what do I really deserve? To me, that's what anyone and everyone should do, it's a basic, and nothing out of the ordinary. If the question is whether or not we're worthy of good things, I think we (all of us here, not everyone in the world) are worthy of them, yes, but to me, the most important thing is the time spent with loved ones, and it seems I'm in the majority who has lost them way too soon. I do have faith that we will see them again, however, and that's often what keeps me going.

3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you @Diane Lane , for this thread. I have often wonder why a senior's forum didn't talk much about subjects such as wanting, deserving, death and other such things that we all think about. I mean at our age it would be very unusual if one of us had never encountered the death of a loved one. I know we all try to be upbeat and are trying to cheer each other up, but some times it help to be able to say how much we miss someone. I think being able to speak of our loss can actually help us defend ourselves from depression.

4. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I guess like
    I also don't believe in the fairness concept and never believed I deserved or didn't deserve anything.
    Like @Mari North I feel I have had a charmed life, and though bad things have happened, they have somehow brought rewards with them.

Ina I. Wonder and Mari North like this.
  5. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

So very true, @Terry Page ... sometimes I have to force myself to remember it, but it always boils down to those same basic facts. Good morning to you! I hope you're enjoying your Saturday, even though you're much further into yours than I am... still 4:30 a.m. here! :)

Terry Page likes this.
  6. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I am Mari thank you, I have also been up since my 4:30 am and because of time travel couldn't get back to sleep, but life is good at least I must be still alive, which is a daily bonus ;)

Ina I. Wonder and Holly Saunders like this.