Would You Support A Third Political Party?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Lon Tanner, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I would and could once I know the particulars of the Third Party. Recent polls show that 62% of Americans would.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm done with politics and don't plan to support any party, ever. I'll maintain my independent status and let them eat cake.

3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Did you ever consider those polls could be somewhat misleading? Some of the respondents may think a 3rd party would make their party (either D or R) stronger in the next election. Just saying...

Lon Tanner likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If what one means when they say a 3rd political party they mean one that has the money and strength behind it to run in.a Federal Election, sure if it is based on the Constitution and has the right people running who have a chance of winning.

There are already somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-60 political parties other than the 2 front runners in the U.S. with the Libertarian, Green and Constitution parties on the top of the list.
    California has 6 and Colorado has 7 state parties that run on every state election and if any one of them had the right person running and the money behind them they could indeed run in a Federal election.

The real point here is that at the present time there are No parties other than the Dems and Reps who can garner the necessary 100’s of millions of dollars that it takes to make a voice even remotely heard.
    And .......if there is one or two who can make a run they simply split the votes which is one of the main reasons why many states have a “winner takes all” ruling on the electoral votes.

I’m sure that there are many good people out there who could have been better Presidents but without a good foundation and money there is very little chance of a so called, 3rd party that can stand the pace unless of course, there’s an overwhelming amount of that 3rd party heavily installed in Congress.

Beth Gallagher and Lon Tanner like this.