Wow! What A Great Bread!

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We discovered a new bread the last trip to Sam's Club for our monthly grocery shopping there. It is called "Dave's Killer Bread", and it actually comes in a variety of different kinds of bread, although Sam's only had one or two varieties.
    Usually, I get our bread from Kroger, and have been happy with their Private Selection whole grain breads, which were 2@$4 for the last several years now. Well, at Christmas season, they raised the price to $3 per loaf, and have not put them back down again afterwards.
    So, I checked to see what bread might be good at Sam's Club, and that is how I discovered the Killer Bread.
    It weighs more than most loaves of bread, and it is made with organically grown whole grains and seeds.
    Sam's had a 2-loaf pack for just over $6, which is about what the Kroger bread costs now, and this was a MUCH larger (and better looking) loaf of bread.

We will definitely be using this bread from now on, and Bobby (the family bread-maker) is also going to try making some that has similar ingredients, so we would have it homemade and fresh.
    We have the whole wheat flour, some multi-grain oatmeal , flax seeds, chia seeds, and sunflower seeds; so even if it is not quite the same as Dave's Killer Bread, it will be close, and very healthy bread.

If you try to buy whole-grain healthy bread, I am sure that you will also love the taste of Dave's bread. I discovered that it is also sold at Kroger, but it was $5.79 per each loaf there.
    Here is the webpage that tells about about this wonderful bread.

image.jpeg

http://www.daveskillerbread.com/#m4g-slideshow

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    Ruby Begonia and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I like grilled cheese sandwiches made out of heavy whole grain breads.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Lara Moss likes this.
  4. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I LOVE bread, but can't eat much of it. I tried that TJ's bread when I was there Sun. night and I don't like it at all. I like a lot of Trader Joe but not this bread and NOT their own chicken pot pie.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I eat it because all the nutrition is good on it and it's the lowest calorie bread I've come across.

I've never tried their chicken pot pie. It's hit or miss with TJ's. They do have a problem though with not removing things from shelves that are going bad. I've even bought some things there and it was still within the sell by date but it was moldy.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Sounds wonderful for we love to eat bread and Dave's Killer Bread is sounding healthy and delicious. I went to bing.com image section and Dave's Killer Bread certainly looks good. Thanks for the information.

7. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I stopped eating sliced white bread 65 years ago, preferring wheat bread instead.

My wife bought a loaf of this wheat bread a few weeks ago, and I was overwhelmed by its taste, color, and texture. It's like angel food cake! Thick, tasty and so good to eat that any sandwich filler would be improved by enclosing it between a couple slices of this wonderful bread!

It costs $3 per loaf.

The Earl of Sandwich would have been pleased!
    Hal
    011.JPG
    View attachment 21418

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Sheldon Scott and Ken Anderson like this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

IMG_2143.JPG That does look good but I only buy this bread...it's about $3.49 at Trader Joe's and about $3.99 at Safeway.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Hal Pollner

Registered

Chrissy, we ain't got no Trader Joe's or Safeway up here in the High Desert.

It sounds like it must be a good bread too!

Hal (These Melon Samplers are good too...Watermelon, Cantaloupe, and Honeydew Melon.)
    001.JPG

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

What store do you have?

11. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I've got 2 of those fruit samplers in my fridge now..Mix of 3 types of melon, sliced apples and black grapes..

We have so many types of bread here..I like wholemeal bread..but it just doesn't taste the same as it once did...

When I was growing up in the 60's, we had an aunt and uncle who lived in Toronto Canada , and every few years they'd come home to Scotland to visit , and they'd pig out on the bread. They said that Canadian bread had more of the consistency of cake ... Of course that was 50 years ago...

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Hal Pollner

Registered

We have Stater Bros, Albertson's and Von's

Hal

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Von's is Safeway. It's called Von's here in Fresno also but I just call it Safeway on the forum because it's better known.

14. Hal Pollner

Registered

15. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

That's the bread I have also @Chrissy Cross Except I have the sprouted multigrain. I know it's the Alvarado brand at Trader Joe's so they have a good seller there. I'll be picking up a loaf tomorrow when I go to TJ's.