Writing Too Light

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Sheldon Scott, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Is there any way to darken the writing? I have to highlight with the arrow each post in order to read it. Sure makes coming here a real PITA

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Sheldon - before you write, put the pointer to the large B above (in reply box) and click
    Then write your post, will look like this :)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Sheldon Scott I'm not sure if this will help you or not but scroll down to the bottom of the webpages and you will see a bar that says: Default Style on one end and on the other end: Contact Us Help, etc. Click on Help and see if any of the suggestions there helps you.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  4. Paul Sparky

Paul Sparky Supreme Member
    Registered

@Sheldon Scott

Hi Sheldon, if you press on your keyboard: Ctrl and + it will make the letters appear bigger. Ctrl and - will take it back where it was.

Ina I. Wonder and Ken Anderson like this.
  5. Sheldon Scott

Registered

I'm not talking about what I write. It's the writing below the heading on the forums.

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep - sorry Sheldon, senior moment there
    Paul has the solution above your post - give it a try

7. Paul Sparky

Paul Sparky Supreme Member
    Registered

Assuming it works on your keyboard, Ctrl + should increase the size of the 'whole' page.

8. Sheldon Scott

Registered

Yes I can make them bigger I want to make them darker

9. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Sheldon are you on a laptop?...could it be you might need to just move your screen a little bit..sometimes that happens with a laptop.

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Sheldon Scott Unless someone can come up with something else or we all start posting in Bold lettering...it looks like you will have to keep doing what you were doing originally to make those posts more readable to you. :(

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is NOT what @Sheldon Scott is writing, or what WE are writing that he can't see, at least what I am understanding him to be saying. When you look at the top of the page, there is the title (like the title of this thread) which is large print and black lettering. However, right underneath that is the information about the thread (discussion started in Help, etc) and that is in a light grey colored ink.
    The same thing, only worse, is on the main forum page. Here, you have the main topics, all in good lettering, and underneath is the description of each topic, and that is in small print and a light grey color. At the very bottom of each block, where it says "Latest Topics", the topic is written in very light grey ink, and I think this is what Sheldon is having trouble reading. Since it changes all of the time, this is an important thing to be able to read.
    I have no idea if that can be changed or not. I use the color options to change the colors on the forum when I want, but the print itself stays the same, no matter what color I use.
    I have a touchscreen, so I can just stretch anything that might be hard to read; but that won't work on a regular computer or laptop; so I have not had any helpful ideas for Sheldon.
    Maybe, @Ken Anderson knows what Sheldon can do to see this small grey type better ?

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe I am misunderstanding @Yvonne Smith...but this is what he said in his first post on his thread that he has to highlight each post in order to read it.

13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is what I was referring to, @Babs Hunt . Maybe I was misunderstanding it, but it looked to me like he meant the subtitles on each block of the forum.
    @Sheldon Scott , you need to be more explicit . We are confused about what part you can't read.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I agree that there is confusion as to what Sheldon is really talking about and I agree it would help us if he could be more explicit. :)

15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I think it would be an act of kindness if we would all change our print to BOLD so that it would be easier for @Sheldon Scott (and all of those of us whose eyesight is not as good as it used to be) to see.

Patsy Faye likes this.