Xmas Eve Football

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Lon Tanner, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I will be watching the Oakland Raiders and Denver Broncos.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My brother-in-law lives in Colorado and of course Denver is his home team...but they are not even in the run off for the Super Bowl so what team are you cheering on @Lon Tanner?

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I haven’t watched an NFL game in 3 years and I’m not going to start until every player learns how to respect the American flag. That probably means that I’m not going to see another NFL game but I’ve managed to get by nicely without it.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

While I respect your opinion Bobby...I don't believe every team has disrespected the American flag. And just like we are entitled to our own opinions I think everyone else should be entitled to theirs too. I don't agree with any team disrespecting the flag but the only thing that would make me quit watching my favorite football games would be if they disrespected God or Jesus...which there is no excuse for in my opinion.

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Tom Landry told his team that everything they did represented the team. The clothes they wore, the way they spoke and their conduct even off the field pointed directly at the team.
    If a player went out and got drunk and was picked up for a DUI or arrested for a bar fight, the team took the hit for the actions of the player. The team are the players and the player are the team.

God, Country, Family. Disrespect any part of those headings and I will probably not be best of friends with that person. I fought too hard to stay alive to have to put up with a bunch of nonsense from some multimillion dollar idiot who wishes to play politics and disrespect my flag on a football field.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole...I certainly wish everyone would be "team players" .... but we know in real life that usually doesn't happen. What would life be like if we always agreed on everything...good in some cases...but also not so good in others.

I wish that everyone agreed with me that abortion is totally wrong...but I know no matter how strong I feel about this...it's not going to happen. Your passion is right too...but no matter how much you want it to be everyone's passion...it won't be. God knows our hearts are in the right place and in the end that is all that really matters Bobby. :)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I grew up in Oakland and graduated high school there so it's Oakland for me.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We were Bronco fans during the entire time we lived in Colorado. Back then, Jake Plummer was quarterback. He took over from Brian Griese and Jay Cutler was quarterback when we left in Oct 2007. The company my wife worked at the time, had a Christmas Party at Mile High Stadium aka Invesco Field. That was one great party.

Was Jags fans for awhile, when we first arrived here, but have now gone back to being Bronco fans and I have a Denver Broncos baseball cap.

Now...…...GO BRONCOS!! We will be watching on NFL Network.