Yea Our Dining Room Will Open August 1 On A Limited Basis

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Lon Tanner, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

15 Residents at a time during scheduled one hour time period for breakfast lunch and dinner. My group is 8:30 to 9:30 AM Breakfast 12:30 to 1;30 PM Lunch 5 to 6 PM Dinner. Our facility has had no virus incidents or deaths.

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Lon, I meant to ask you if there was any virus cases at your assisted living home but I forgot. I'm glad to see that there aren't any.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My whole town has had none. One person tested positive after returning here from China a few months ago but he wasn't sick and no one else has tested positive. I am pleased that your dining room will be open, as I can appreciate that it can add a great deal to the day. It might seem like a small thing, but we all need a change of pace once in a while.

Frank Sanoica and Lon Tanner like this.
  4. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Active Member
    Registered

Lon, glad to hear you're going to be dining in style, again. Keep those pictures coming.

Frank Sanoica and Lon Tanner like this.
  5. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I would die having to wait till 8:30 to eat. Try as I might, I very rarely sleep past 5 or 6, I would hope at least a bagel and coffee were available early on.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I used to be this way. When I was working, I'd be on my deck drinking coffee and listening to critters at 4:30AM.

Now I'm lucky if I'm up by 8AM.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Veteran Member
    Registered

No kidding. Today I was still AWAKE at 5 a.m.

Oh, and our "dining room" is open every day. We just never go in there. :D

John Brunner likes this.
  8. John Brunner

Registered

Yeh, I've seen you on line.
    I went to bed after 3AM last "night."

Ain't it great to be an adult who sets his or her own rules?

9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Veteran Member
    Registered

I've always been a night owl but since the "quarantine", I seem to stay up most of the night.

10. John Brunner

Registered

I'm one of those people who have had phases of radically different behaviour throughout his life.

I've had a hard time getting in to work by 9AM because of late night TV, and other times I've taken advantage of flex time and shown up at 6AM.

The weird thing is it only takes a couple of days for me to change that schedule. One or two days of getting up early to help with an event or projects will do it. I just have to endure the transition, and my rhythm gets reset pretty easily...for better or for worse.

11. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

I'll be up at 6 AM and have a K Cup coffee in my apartment. 8:30 breky is fine for me.

12. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Veteran Member
    Registered

I Like to get up around 6-6:30
    ..and did at one time. The medicines have made me awake by 3 am up by 4. Evrn th I I go to bed around 10 ish every night.
    Since he is cutting dosage on one hopping that helps me sleep better.
    I am sleeping off and on during the day..that does not help.
    I don't mind being up early by 3-4 is a tad early. :(

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

Registered

That stinks.

My poor sleep habits are 100% behaviour-caused.

I go to bed at 2AM-3AM.
    I get up around 8AM-9AM.
    I take a 2 hour "nap" from 4-6 or maybe 5-7. Sometimes I only crash for an hour.
    Then I'm up until 2AM or so.

I get 7-9 hours of sleep every 24 hour cycle, it's just not continuous, unless I avoid that afternoon sleep.

I actually got into these weird habits when I was still working and did "flex time," getting in at 6AM and off at 2PM or so, sleeping late in the afternoon, getting up late in the evening, and going to bed at 2AM for a few hours. I once woke up, looked at the clock, saw "7:00" and panicked, because I usually get into work at 6AM. So I rushed around, got ready real fast, got into my car, and sped off to work. I drove past the baseball fields at the elementary school and there were little leaguers out playing. (This was in the middle of summer, so it was light early and late.) My initial thought was "Why are these little kids out here playing baseball at 7AM?" My second thought was "You idiot! It's 7 in the evening!!!"

*sigh*

Yvonne Smith and Trevalius Guyus like this.
  14. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Active Member
    Registered

I hit the sack around 10:30 PM, read until 12:30 AM, up at 5 AM, breakfast at 6AM, work on projects until, around, 1 PM, nap 1-3 PM. Sometimes, I'll grab another hour nap around 7:30-8:30 PM.

I do very well on the above schedule, and I never have been one to sleep 7-8 hours at a stretch. In my band days, I'd play gigs until Midnight, sack out around 2AM, and still be up by 7AM, or so. I took naps back then, as well. Being self employed, most of my life, I've let my natural sleep cycles assert themselves, and that's worked, for me.

John Brunner likes this.
  15. John Brunner

Registered

You reminded me of why I was often late for my 9AM jobs. It was as much reading as it was late night tv. Even as a kid I would see how late it was getting but be in that "Just one more chapter" mode. I once bought over 200 sci fi paperbacks at an estate sale, read most of them (I liked the dystopian stuff), then took them into work where we had an informal book-share thing. (It's been a long time since I've been into reading like that.)

I tend to agree with following your own rhythms. We're all aware of the natural cycle of early morning work/midday snoozes when it's hot/back at it in late afternoon.

Regarding musicians: they're roughly in that same universe as restaurant and bar workers (I've had friends in both industries.) That universe runs parallel to the 9-5 crowd with minimal overlap. If you were in bed by 2AM, you were not into the "after hours" stuff that some were. Work/party/sleep/work/party/sleep.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.