You Tube

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Patsy Faye, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Anyone noticed a change ?
    Used to be able to download movies and comedies such as Lucy, now - I am finding just
    snippets on most things or when you try to download it won't
    Or - its telling you to subscribe to somewhere
    I don't mind that, but they don't make it clear if we can download the programme as we don't
    want to watch on computer ................
    o_O:confused:

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We watch "clips" of things on u-Tube, but that's all we use it for. Today, online it's like a person can either do a "Trial Period" of something and then have to subscribe/buy the programming to this or that online...........nope! Even though I do spend some of each day on this thing, I do other things also.

IOW, more and more things in life are costing.:mad:

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I use youtube a lot, it is just about my favorite online place to go. We do not have the new youtube Red, which is the paid subscription; but as far as I have seen, all it does is stop the ads, and nothing else.
    So, you still only get the same actual content as the free version. I don't like the ads; but I understand that this is how people make a little extra money, and usually, you can turn them off after about 5 seconds.
    I have also noticed that what says it is a whole movie, and shows around 2 hours long, will only be a short trailer for that movie, and sometimes it isn't even for the right movie.
    Some movies say you have to purchase them to watch, but I have no idea where or how you purchase a movie from youtube.
    We have looked online to see how that works, and didn't come up with an answer; but you would think that google would make it easier to do that if they want to rent out movies to people.
    I seldom watch movies anyway, and mainly watch tutorials, or online radio programs wth a speaker that I like to listen to, like John B Wells on Caravan to Midnight, which is one of my favorites.

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I've always watched things on my ipad, I never download anything. Don't watch whole movies or anything like that on YouTube though so don't know if anything has changed.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Yvonne Smith , are you saying if it's a movie and it shows it's almost 2 hrs long it will just be the trailer?

I've never watched a movie on YouTube but do see that they say whole movie....it's not?

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith - that's right Yvonne, its very confusing now and its too hot to work it out, will have to see if
    we can fathom it down the line
    We don't watch TV until the evening and there isn't a great choice so You Tube was handy to find the older programmes
    to watch ...............

7. Yvonne Smith

That Is exactly what I am saying, @Chrissy Page . I am adding a link for a movie that shows it is 1:42:55; which should make it the whole movie. However, when you play it, it turns out to be a 2:33 minute trailer for the movie.
    If the link doesn't show you that, just try putting in a movie search for one you remember, and not a really old one (those are usually actually on there if it is from back in the 50' or b/w movie). Once it starts, the whole thing will change into just the trailer.
    Sometimes, I have found a movie that I wanted to watch, but when I clicked on it, the movie was some totally different movie than what the information said it was.

Okay, I just clicked the link I posted, and it now says that it is just a trailer; so that does not help to show my point.
    I took the link back off again, and you just need to do a search for any movie and see what comes up , if it says that it is the whole movie. I used "The Truman Show", so I know that one will do it.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I have never gone to YouTube for a movie.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  10. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

I use a fee based software called ZillaTube. I mainly use it to download music to make my own CD's but it will also download video. problem is Google owns youtube and charges for a lot of movies. but I use a software called Wondershare for movies because its much faster. and has a DVD burner.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Here is Terry Page's reply, @Yvonne Smith....

There are still some full movies on YouTube, Vimeo and Daily Motion, but some only give you links to another download site which are often scams. Youtube are also doing paid for streaming of movies as well..
    Here is a list of some full movies on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79F09C65ABCEF855

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  12. Gary Ridenour

Registered

thanks Chrissy I picked off a night to remember. the Titanic. looks to be in good shape. here's another one that includes movies still playing at the theater. free downloads. as they get older they are removed. I check everyday to see what comes in

http://rainierland.com/

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

We have found some good full movies on Youtube also; but usually they are the older black/white movies, or ones from the early 1950-60's , and those are often some great movies to watch again.
    The newer movies that are listed are the ones that seem to not be an actual movie,, and turn out to be only a trailer, or like @Terry Page mentioned, they lead to some other website. Since just the idea of doing that seemed deceitful to me, I have never gone to the recommended website to see if the movie was there or if that was just more of the scam.
    Most of the time, we can find the movies that we want to watch on Netflix, or Amazon Movies. Sometimes, it has to be rented from Amazon, but at least we can actually find it and watch the movie.
    I know that youtube rents movies, too; but I have no idea how one goes about renting a movie from there. I have never seen any place to pay for one of the movies that has to be rented from Youtube.

Chrissy Cross and Gary Ridenour like this.
  14. Gary Ridenour

Registered

I have a night to remember on my desktop now. ill burn it later. 11 min download. I have used Netflix in the past and Amazon as well for my collection flicks. Blockbuster was the best. after watching the movie i turned those into the local stores and they gave me a freeebie.

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Terry used to put movies in a dropbox for me but we kind of quit talking but now he

Just linked me "Mr Holmes" in an email and when I click on his link I can watch the movie.

He has a lot of movies and he found a way of streaming his movies without the dropbox direct from his google acct.

Maybe I'll get back on his good side. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.