Your Favorite Dance Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Marie Mallery, Oct 22, 2023.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I think the best movies stared Fred Astair, Ginger Rogers, John Travolta, Christiopher Walken,

Shall We Dance,

Caitlin D Burnside likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, watching Fred and Ginger was highly interesting, as was watching John in Saturday Night Fever or Gene Kelly doing "Dancing In The Rain".

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Fred Astaire had a had time finding an agent who would represent him. One agent told him "You can't sing and you can't dance. Find another career." (Or words to that effect.)

4. Jo Askerne

Jo Askerne Active Member
    Registered

Dirty Dancing

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Good movie with some great old songs in it.

6. Caitlin D Burnside

Caitlin D Burnside Well-Known Member
    Registered

Not really a musical per se, however, we enjoyed the ballroom waltz so much from the film Enchanted

The song "So Close" by Jon McLaughlin...

At the time it was daughter's graduation ball and, you guessed it, she requested that song... Awww!!!

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

In the mid 1970s I took Ballroom dance learning to be a dance instructor, but never completed the course, but I loved it,
    Working in a restaurant lounge tending bar, the ladies in the kitchen were Latino, and sometimes we'd dance, they ask how did you learn to dance like us, lol.
    The waltz was the most challenging to learn.

8. Caitlin D Burnside

Caitlin D Burnside Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good for you dear!

I had the chance to learn how to dance from a very early age. Around 4 years old, I was enrolled in the "World Dances". Basically, it was countries each special styles.

Waltz? I wasn't asked if I knew it or not. Nope! First time was at sibling's wedding. Uncles (10 of them) all wanted to dance with the Bride, the Bridesmaid and the Flower Girl... LOL that was me at end of list. So, funnily enough, by the end of that party, I knew how to waltz.

Husband had been shown by his parents but not often UNTIL he list his father then every week he was dragged at the community centre to accompany his mother and sisters. He learned how to slow dance, he couldn't do any single dance but solid as a rock in all the couples dances.

You should try to find a community dance club, it's really fun...

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

Forgot this was here, and this would be a good idea if all these infectious diseases would stop popping up. Plus not sure Jake would enjoy it.

I do get to listen to music loud as I want it here and dance around with Foxy, she loves it, but I found out she is a rapper.
    Jake proved it to our families on FB, we videoed her laying still during several songs, then jumping up yapping and dancing to Uptown Funk. I kind of like it now too, good beat once you get going. I didn't put it on, it randomly came on YT.