Your Favorite Walking Shoes?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Kitty Carmel, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Or any athletic shoes.

I used to love the anti gravity from Easy Spirit shoes. They stopped selling them in stores and I got some off Ebay with good luck and have several still I have not worn. I wear them to work.

I also like the shape-up shoes and have had no problems with them. Other than those, I don't like Sketchers. I also bought a pair of New Balance and swear after wearing them I had foot pain like I walked strangely in them or something. Didn't notice while wearing them but afterwards.

It seems shoe companies change their shoes so often it's hard to keep up. Do you have any favorites?

2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

About 4 years ago I started buying sketchers slip on shoes ( not lace ups ) I find them comfortable and most of all give you a feeling of stability when walking for excersise
    I know you said you don’t like them kitty but I find them good

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't help you really, because I love skechers,...but you do have to be careful which ones you buy. For me I only ever buy the ones with memory foam insoles..they are brilliant at cushioning the whole foot, and I can walk miles in them without feeling a think underfoot , whereas I can't walk more than a mile or 2 in any of my other shoes or trainers...

and these are my leather walking boots..I've had them for a few years and they're still like new.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SHGW...t=&hvlocphy=1007230&hvtargid=pla-337924882454

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ive been wearing slip on sketchers lately. Love them.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Registered

that should have read *without feeling a thing underfoot *

6. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks everyone. I may try on a pair of slip on Sketchers and see how I like them. I bought one pair of (Sketchers) walking shoes a few years ago and it make an open area on my heal from rubbing after only wearing once.

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Sketchers have come a long way in the last few years Kitty...the old versions used to not be well made, and I agree with you, they did hurt, I found that myself, and didn't touch sketchers for years because of that... ...but in the last few years they've improved them so much they have become one of the top selling walking and training shoes ...particularly to the older generation where comfort is important as we lose the padding on the soles of our feet.

Do try a few on before you make your choice, but I really recommend that you get sketchers with the memory foam inner ( Go GO Mat) , it makes such a huge difference.. I have about 8 different styles of sketchers, they are all lace-ups bar one pair...and the most comfortable to walk any distance are these lace-up ones..

https://www.skechers.com/en-gb/style/12753/flex-appeal-2-0/nvpk

but these slip on ones are very lightweight and super comfortable. if you're thinking of buying online I suggest you try on a pair at your local stockist first to ensure the style you choose fit in your size , I have found all the lace ups are true to size and I can buy them online without any concern they won't fit, but with the slip ons , they tend to come up a little large..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KYCJAP..._rd_r=YY8FVCNAZ8QH6QJPNYNM&pd_rd_w=3CXqn&th=1

I absolutely suggest that you shop for the memory foam sole which is called ''Go Go Mat insole''... and for the Go walk 2 or 3..... rather than the Go walk 4, which don't have as good reviews as the 2 & 3...also the Skechers d'lites don't seem to be as comfy as the others for any kind of long walking..

I hope that's helped a bit..

8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Wearing apparel, of most kinds including shoes, if proferred under any guise of vanity-value, or brand-loyalty, leave me with little interest. Shoes must of course be comfortable and wide-width to accomodate my somewhat mis-shapen feet. Have been buying Wal-Mart's cheapest mens from China which use Velcro, no strings, using them for our long walks with no ill-effect, for years now. About twelve bucks a pair.

Attire is to me a necessity for warmth, and social acceptability only. I buy no new clothes; all my attire comes from Goodwill/Salvation Army. I do not look slovenly, only act that way. Personal vanity is to me an "act" carried out to self-serve.

I am a slouch and a glutton, but yes, that avatar is real, taken in 1975.

Frank

9. Holly Saunders

Registered

But @Frank Sanoica with all due respect that avatar shows us little about the person you are today 43 years on... 2 generations. That man wouldn't be wearing velcro shoes surely... ( nothing wrong with that if that's what you need for comfort as many seniors do..but to say that your avatar is ''real' in the sense that it's the real you.. I'm not so sure.. no offence meant I hope you realise.. but I think most people would agree that who we were over 40 years ago, are not necessarily the same people we were more than 4 decades on... even if we feel the same inside..

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Just ditched a much used pair of Sketchers with the inner memory foam. They are not bad shoes. I prefer and bought pair of New Balance to replace them. Regarles of brand or price all about comfort for your footsies.
    I do wish the puffy memory foam was added to more shoes....better yet if you could buy seperate would be fantastic;)

11. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Have you looked at insoles @Gloria Mitchell - they may just do what you want :)

12. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Not the same thing Patsy. insoles are good but the puffy cloud like foam ones are much better:p

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

Just seen them on Amazon :p

15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Um I have looked before never saw any...will look again...tnx