Your Favorite Walking Shoes?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Kitty Carmel, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually the sketchers I love were from Costco. Didn't even realize they were sketchers but when I found out I went to the sketchers store with my daughter and tried on a whole bunch of similar slip on ones but none felt as comfortable as the Costco ones.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Also...too bad because it was a one time thing at Costco.

Guess I'll have to try again at the store, maybe since then some new styles have come in. The ones I'm wearing won't last another year but maybe they will....they still look new....they're a light grey so I'm surprised they're not even dirty but then shoes don't get ruined by weather here...

3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I got a pair from Costco as well @Chrissy Cross that have outlasted the ones I got from the sketchers store
    The fabric on the Sketchers store pair were more of an open weave type of fabric ..and they started falling apart after a months use ..the fabric came away from the sole ...I took them into sketchers but they didn’t want to know me after paying $129.00 for the shoes ...
    The last two winters I’ve bought them from Costco ..and they last , they are cushioned go walk inner soles ( I don’t buy unless they are ) .
    If the Costco bought ones had fallen apart like the store bought one they would have refunded me or replaced them ...I went back last winter to buy another pair ,in a different colour a week after I got the first ones but they had a,ready sold out, they get a huge load of them in it once they are sold that’s it ..untill next winter ...when I see them next winter I will buy what I want then and there ..not leave it like it did last winter ...it’s summer here 42 c tomorrow

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yep, Costco is great about returns. You can't go wrong by shopping there.

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just for today, I do have a favorite pair of walking shoes. They were bought by my wife, on sale, from Walmart and given to me to wear around the house.
    Today, I decided to wear them to go get my colonoscopy mainly because they are easy to get on and off but also for one other reason which proved out when the nurse called me to the back to do some more paperwork.

When the nurse looked down at my feet, she laughed a bit and then called for all the nurses that were not doing anything to come look at my shoes.
    There, in front and beside me were a half dozen or more ladies, looking and laughing at my footwear. One even swore she wanted to get some and make them part of her uniform.
    When I finally went in to disrobe and get prepped, another nurse called a bunch more ladies from the other prep rooms to come look at my foot garments.

Yup, there is nothing like a pair of slip on tennis shoes with pictures of poops all over them complete with two big eyes and a smile on each pile, in an office that specializes in our southern most orifice, to get noticed and garner a few laughs to boot.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

IMG_1890.JPG Ha ha!

Patsy Faye and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders Thank you so much for your detailed reply and links. I'm going to write those suggestions down and take them shopping with me. I think I will try a Sketchers pair if they feel OK when I try them on. We have an independent shoe store in my town that carries them.

Nothing wrong with going cheap @Frank Sanoica if you are finding what you want and like. I like thrift shop shopping too.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

You're welcome Kitty... I hop you find something you like...

Kitty Carmel likes this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My favorites are a bright pink pair of tennis shoes I purchased at Walmart, I also have a black pair with green piping that are almost as comfortable and were bought at Walmart too.

My feet have always loved comfortable shoes but as they have aged it has been harder to find shoes that really are comfortable. When I do find a pair that are comfy I try to buy 2 pairs. Right now there are shoes in my closet that are not comfortable anymore for my old feet so I'm going to go through my shoes and the ones I know I won't wear anymore I will first offer to my daughters (we all wear the same size) and if they don't want them then they will be donated to Goodwill along with a bag of clothes I really don't wear anymore either.

I pretty much live in tennis shoes or comfy sandals and flip flops....although I do have a couple of pairs of comfy dress up shoes and boots. :)

10. Kitty Carmel

Registered

I have only one pair of what I would call regular shoes that are black and I've only worn them for job interviews. Other than that it's support tennis shoes all the way. It may have something to do with the fact that every job I have had is on my feet. I have a pair of Teva sandals and I like them but they are kind of that hippie crunchy look that isn't me so I haven't even worn them in about 3 years. (they are well made and last a long time) I'd like to find a nice pair of sandals with some support.

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Sears years ago used to sell some of the most comfortable sandals. Now the sandals I usually wear are more of a "dressed up" flip flop. :) Still overall a comfy tennis shoe is what I wear most of the time when I'm out and about.

12. Kitty Carmel

Registered

I got these today. I like these insoles much better than the memory foam. They have cushion without feeling like the memory foam is between you toes.
    https://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Per...=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=on+the+go+city+2+skechers

Some of the shoes, in fact a lot of them, had little triangle openings on the heel. I tried on two pair and it felt like that triangle area was rubbing on my heel. I don't get that design but it didn't work for me which was too bad because I liked the soles of those shoes better. These appear very comfortable though. Thanks everyone for your input.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

They are exactly the same as the first pair I got , and I went straight out after the first couple of times I wore them and got a second pair in the same colour lol...

Since then I've bought different styles and colours , almost all with the GO GO mat insoles..

With the the GO GO Max insole...I think you'll notice a significant difference to your comfort when walking especially over rougher ground, like stony kerbs and pavements

Anyway I'm pleased you got them , I hope your feet approve.. :D

Kitty Carmel likes this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Real nice Kitty :)

Kitty Carmel likes this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

One thing I can't do is order a pair of tennis shoes. I have to try them on and walk around a bit in them before I purchase them. My feet make the decision of whether a tennis shoe is worth buying or not and for that they have to see if they can get comfy and stay comfy in them first. :)