Zombie Camp?

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Bobby Cole, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, I named it Zombie Camp because that's one of the summer camps that kids can go to during the summer break in school. It's not that they learn very much in that particular camp but there are some that have a few life lessons with them and a couple of them are even downright dangerous like "Shark" camp. The shark thing is pretty much for the older kids but they can get college credits and community service credits for going through it.

Here in Huntsville we have a Space Camp that kids from all over the world come to in order to get a leg up because they're obviously interested in space travel. It's kind of a gimme because NASA is part of our local environment.

There's a spy camp, ninja camp, circus camp, and probably a camp camp but instead of me telling the entire story I brought along a link for everyone to enjoy. Hmmmmm.....I wonder if there isn't a "link" camp? A camp whereby people sit around all day and learn how to make a link, program a link, post a link, write a link, link a link and for dinner they even roast a link! Yeah....that part I would like. Make mine a Nathan's All Beef!

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

A missing link would worry the parents. :) Even worse is the hyperlink, maybe too much sugar...

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Whenever I would read of innovations for the children like that zombie camp, I regret being born ahead. During our time, there were no such things and the only camp I knew were the camping in the school ground of girl scouts. It's just unfortunate that there are no children in the house so we are not up to date with those innovations.

This reminds me that my niece attends a diabetic camp which is exclusive for diabetic children. They hold the camp twice in a year as a means of support group.

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Space Camp is really big here, as well, since the Johnson Space Center is down the road a piece. There are also many others here, such as this Eco-Camp at the Armand Bayou Nature Center, also down the road a piece. There's also the Kids U at the local university campus. We didn't have much available when we were growing up, at least not in our budget, but we did hang out with friends in the neighborhood quite a bit, attended girl scout camp on occasion, and rented cottages now and then. I would love the Eco-Camp if I were a child now, and I'm sure some of the others would catch my attention as well, but I think unstructured time is a good thing, and it seems many kids these days don't get enough of that.

5. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Had I known about these camps when my son was younger, I would have loved to send him to one. What enriching experiences they would have been for him.

6. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Zombie Camp?? lol. I am surprised my cousin's daughter isn't enrolled in that since she does everything else. My nephews too were involved in every activity under the sun. Oh well, I guess they learned some things, They were both honor students and Eagle Scouts so..it didn't hurt them I guess. I liked the more or less unstructured play we had as children, but I guess there is something to be said for organized play too.