2021 Saw Highest Number Of Cops Killed Since 1995

Discussion in 'In the News' started by John West, Jan 14, 2022.

1. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It is being reported that 73 police officers were intentionally killed in the line of duty in 2021, making it the highest number since 1995. There was also a dramatic increase in the number of attacks on police. Allied with were record homicides in 13 U.S. cities. I trust you know the who, what and why of all this.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I do know the "who, what and why" of this. What I wonder is, how is the recruiting doing for any Department? How many men and woman, who had thought about and decided they wanted to, will actually apply for any Academy and become an Officer?

3. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Just a side note...The army is now paying $50,000 enlistment bonus because they can't find people who want to enlist/can pass physical requirements/have addiction problems...On news this morning

Ed Wilson and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

It was originally a $40,000 bonus, but just this last Wednesday, it was raised another $10,000 to a $50,000 bonus. From what I read, in specific careers, other Services have a sign-up bonus as well, but nothing like the Army.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The City of Charlottesville cannot maintain a fully staffed force, and there's little-to-no violence. The Liberal policies and institutionalized racism are the deterrents.

6. John Brunner

This is all intentional. The police are the front lines of our rights and our safety. Get rid of those who are faithful to their duties, and you gotta have someone walking the beat.

People wonder if cops would obey orders to confiscate arms and arrest enemies of the state. Cops of the past would not. Those who will occupy these slots in the future are an unknown quantity.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Given the climate encouraged by Democrats over the past few years, I would look for another line of work if I were a cop. I can't imagine why anyone would stay on the job in Democrat-controlled cities.

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I don't think it has to be addiction. It may have changed, but my nephew was not qualified for the military because he had been treated for ADHD with Ritalin. If that is still true, that eliminates a third of the male population of the country. I wonder if you would be disqualified from Medicare if you had been treated with a statin drug;). That would certainly save money.:rolleyes:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It’s a given that at this time in Dem cities it’s not only dangerous for a cop but they literally have no backing .
    But, in the late 60’s thru early 70’s the Army was giving 2-3 months early outs provided that the soldier contracted to serve on the D.C. or with some California police departments.
    At first I thought the shortages might have been because of the fact that so many men were still involved with Vietnam but nope, apparently the crime rates in D.C. and California were such that they needed hard level experienced cops. In other words, cops that were already experienced in combat.

10. John Brunner

In the meantime, DC councilmen and councilwomen decriminalized boarding buses without a pass and jumping turnstiles at Metro stations to avoid fares. They decided that such laws are racist. WAMATA (the local transit authority) is already bleeding money, so now people are riding free and are turning those vehicles into places no paying customer wants to be.

The chaos is intentional. It is nationwide. It is orchestrated in order to destroy "normal" and to make honest people vacate/avoid positions in government and public service so that Brown Shirts can occupy those spots. And they are cynically using their own citizens to do it...people are objects to them. "Machines spewing viruses," so to speak.

11. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

What do you think we ought to do about it?

John Brunner likes this.
  12. John Brunner

I don't really think there's anything that we can (or should), unless we are a citizen in those districts. If this is what the people vote for and what they tolerate, then that's their choice. That's the beauty of keeping government as local as possible...just because I think it's wrong doesn't mean I should have any influence over it. As long as we're all given the same respect, and until the problems impact us, it's not for us to touch.

Bobby Cole, Bill Boggs and Don Alaska like this.
  13. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

have followed this blogger who is English for years and on the whole he speaks a lot of truth.

Wonder how right he might be on this.

He makes some interesting points

The Decay of America - YouTube

14. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

It has to get worse before it gets better. That is a saying that can be applied to the present. Biden's inflation is one example and it applies to everyone in the political spectrum. Of course the elites won't feel it but they are in the minority. Let's go Brandon! How bad can you make it in the next 3 years.

15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

He makes some very good points. I wonder how the black community will feel when they are a minority under Hispanic majority rule?

Tom Galty and John Brunner like this.