80° And Then Flurries!!

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Harry Havens, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Veteran Member
    Registered

Finally got up to 80° today, which brings on violent storms and tornado warnings in the area. Forecast for in the morning... 30s and snow flurries.

Diversity is not always welcome. o_O

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Harry Havens
    Yeah, my old buddy in Chicago, a bit northward of your location, has always maintained those suddent changes in temperature contribute to the host of ailments which plague him from time to time. At least 30 degrees does not contribute to tornadoes!
    Frank

Harry Havens likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Remember one week, when we lived in Parker, Colorado. On a weekend, the temp went up into the high 70's and the floating docks, at a local lake, were placed back on the water. These are taken out for the winter months, but guess they thought there'd be no more snow. Anyway, on Sunday evening a major cold front hit with a snowstorm. It snowed all day on Monday, Tuesday and part of Wednesday. Early Wednesday afternoon it stopped. On Thursday, the temps went back into the high 60's and Friday high 70's. By Saturday, boats were out on local lakes with temp at 80 degrees. Two completely different weather patterns hitting in the same week.

Harry Havens likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't mind the 80° temps, nor the snow. But all in one week, is a bit too much. Trees are blooming and the grass is green and growing. This weekend the weather service is saying snow... sometimes heavy. Am I going to shovel snow or mow the yard? I guess I could get a snow blower attachment on the front of my mower... and do both!?!? o_O

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.