A New Constitutional Amendment Is Proposed

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Don Alaska, Sep 28, 2024 at 3:29 PM.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have seen this in several sources, but this is the most easily understood. Congress, the House especially, is suddenly concerned there may be a mass casualty event in Washington, D.C. that may take out 100 or more members of Congress in a single event. The proposed amendment is best explained in the attachment, but it sets up a mechanism for the continuity of government should congress be eliminated. The question is, Why now?. Is there something the politicos know that we don't? Is Russia planning a nuclear strike on the U.S., or is it North Korea, China or Iran? It would take months to approve this probably if it is even possible.

What does everyone think about this?

Link

Vada Bloom and Denise Evans like this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

My first thought was, who would be selected to replace the congress we have now, and is this somehow a way to "eliminate" some of the congressmen we have now. Republicans are the majority, so who's pushing this amendment?

Vada Bloom likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I know nothing about Rumble as a news source. so not sure what I should think.

Vada Bloom likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have been reading about this proposal , too. I am not sure why it is happening now, but some people think that it might be related to the singer, Diddy, and his famous Diddy parties, which included not only move stars and sports stars, but also a lot of the politicians. Since he was arrested for sex-trafficking children, and they are saying that he is going to talk for a plea bargain, this could end up with Congress losing members who were involved with Diddy .
    This is not just on Rumble, it is being talked about a lot in the news everywhere.

I think that this is a terrible idea and hope it does not pass. We would end up with a congress of unelected people, just like we ended up with Harris as a presidential candidate that was never nominated or voted on by the people as a candidate.
    We have managed to replace people in congress just fine for all these years, without having to have the person choose someone to succeed him/her, should they die or lose office some other way.

Vada Bloom likes this.
  5. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My first question is can I choose the 100? I could really get into that process.

Since I never heard of this video guy I looked for some additional sources and supposedly the bipartisan group that is concerned about this is 4 members of the House, Derek Kilmer, Emanuel Cleaver, Brad Wenstrup and William Timmons, 2 Democrats, 2 Republicans.

Cleaver is a nutcase and I don't know anything about the other 3. But, it might be enlightening to know that Cleaver wrote a novel called "American Coup".
    https://www.communityvoiceks.com/20...o-likes-politics-people-who-like-thrillers-o/

I do agree with the video guy that there would all kinds of room for shenanigans in this proposal if it came to pass. It can't come to pass in the legal way because it takes years to pass and ratify a constitutional amendment. That's why we have so few of them.

If we have a mass casualty event in DC this new replacement plan would still take too long and be too complicated. What I think would happen is we would be governed by executive orders from the president (which points up it's really important who you vote for) until Congress could be replaced through the current constitutional process or until we are taken over and officially become the third world country that we are so very close to being right now.

I wonder why this is getting headlines now but I suspect it might be cover for another more secretive plan.

6. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My first thought is that it's to lay firm groundwork to do exactly what they try to claim Trump tried a few years ago (a.k.a. January 6).

Vada Bloom likes this.
  7. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Rumble? Perhaps you mean Redacted?

Why is this a "mysterious source?" It's one of the biggies in new media today.