A New Day

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Marci Miller, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Did they ever get your tire fixed, Marci?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It just all of a sudden started holding air. Either whatever was plugging the valve got cleared out or the possible sabotage on my car stopped.

I think I can finally use my special code for when I cook now. Still no sign of any cooks applying. *Sighs*

Adjusting to my Chromebook so now I need to start loading my stuff from the other pc into here.

Our heat index is going to be 107* today so work will be nice and miserable.

Have a good one!

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Marci Miller

Ours will be even higher. We still have pretty high humidity, dewpoint has reached up to 70 degrees! My nephew in Lawrence confirmed the uncomfortableness!

Frank

Faye Fox likes this.
  4. Marci Miller

Registered

Ours has been higher than 70% this week. It's been awful at work. Eight hours in a mask when it's over a hundred outside in a building that's not well air conditioned....OMG!

Faye Fox and Frank Sanoica like this.
  5. Marci Miller

Registered

Sorry I haven't been around. I've been working a lot and I've been totally wiped out in the evenings. I'm finally off for the weekend and I slept in late. It was nice.

I'm eating pizza and drinking coffee. I had a craving for pepperoni pizza. That was a mistake. My poor tummy won't let me make this mistake again. As I'm aging I'm finding spicy foods to be more and more intolerable. Oh well, I can always pick them off.

The hospital is supposedly giving us another $1000 taxable bonus for hero pay and we're supposedly going to get raises if we agree to stay a certain period of time. I have no further details because I wasn't able to open and view the video the CEO emailed us. Go figure.

Our numbers are consistently doubling up as we go through this next round of Covid. All of us are just looking at each other at work and saying..."here we go again!"

Have a great day!

6. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

i can't enjoy pizza either...strength for your loads of work

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Your work schedule sounds grueling, Marci. I admire you for sticking with it, and I'm glad you will be getting a raise and a bonus for your dedication.

8. Marci Miller

Registered

It's 40 hrs a week plus sometimes I get called in. I work 2 different shifts. One is from 10:30 to 7:00. The other is from 9:15 to 5:45. We are super busy right now with all the Covid patients coming into the ER. It's going to be getting worse here pretty soon. It's scary never knowing if I'm gonna get it just from showing up for work.

I'm off to bed. Cya all tomorrow.

9. Marci Miller

Registered

Good morning. I just got done viewing church service online. Here's a link to that if anyone is interested.
    https://www.newspring.org/sermons/detail/the-sword/

In another thread there was a brief touch on the subject of predestination. I'm not posting this for the purpose of debate. Just posting it so others will understand what I believe.

The following is a quote off of Wikipedia but, most of it is what I believe to be true from the time I've spent in the bible:
    "Christians who were influenced by the teachings of Jacobus Arminius (such as Methodists) believe that while God is all-knowing and always knows what choices each person will make, and he still gives them the ability to choose or not choose everything, regardless of whether there are any internal or external factors ...

I have no clue who Jacobus is. But I can totally see where our all knowing God would have designed us knowing who would choose eternal life and who wouldn't and still give us the right to choose on our own. Before I was saved I'm not so sure I would've believed this but, after being saved I can honestly say I can look back at my life and see that God was there the whole time. That he knew and was just waiting for me to turn around and finally see him. Not see him with my eyes but with my soul. I realize that may not make sense but let's change the wording to my mind's eye. Maybe that is better. He's been basically courting me my whole life. I kept running away for the longest time. But he knew there would be a day when everything changed and I would see him and understand and know.

After I got saved I didn't notice anything at first. The next day when I opened my eyes I got quite a shock when I realized I was looking at the world through a new set of eyes. Things I used to look at and accept became repulsive to me that next day. Friends I had, they didn't appeal to me any longer because I could see the wickedness that I didn't notice so much before. I always felt like God was there and I could feel his love even in my sin before getting saved. He just hung around waiting for me to take his hand. I will never regret the choice to do so. Even if he already knew the choice I would make.

10. Marci Miller

Registered

*Throws in the towel* I'm so done debating this whole Covid thing. It is just a pointless waste of breath. I find myself walking away from conflict more and more. I just don't want it in my life anymore. I'm to the point I'm just no longer interested in much of anything. I'm just tired.

11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Marci, remember that as great as you are as a care giver, God is even Greater at it! He is always close to you, and will never walk away from you.

Marci Miller and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I pretty much agree with you, @Marci Miller . None of the debates about covid (or most religious or political topics) really does much of anything except promotes more debate. Saying the same things over and over is not likely to change anyone’s mind.
    If I have an opinion. Or something that I just want to say, then I do; but beyond that, I have found that arguing the issue never helps.
    We just have to live our life according to our own belief, and let other people do the same.

13. Steve Pecos

Steve Pecos Active Member
    Registered

Marci my friend I totally see where you are coming from on this. There are so many people who simply refuse to accept reality on this issue. I have also grown weary.

Marci Miller and Joe Riley like this.
  14. Marci Miller

Registered

we are now up to 25 covid patients in the hospital. most of them are currently in the ER waiting for beds to open up. we are now 10 covid pts away from being where we were at the height of this thing in my town. i hate to see what september will bring.

Marie Mallery and Frank Sanoica like this.
  15. Marci Miller

Registered

Well we managed exceed 25 Covid patients today. The ER was swamped with them this evening. As I was leaving I saw a people waiting for a parade to start. No masks...no distancing so there's where the next round will be coming from. *SMH* People just aren't gonna get it until all of us have Covid. The carelessness over the past 18 months has really angered me. Beds filling up and no staff to take care of them. Sorry just very irritated this evening. Have a good day tomorrow.

Frank Sanoica and Beth Gallagher like this.