Aaron Rodgers Makes Sense

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Ed Wilson, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG]
    https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/12/22/watch-aaron-rodgers-says-virus-talk-should-focus-health/

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers pushed back against the constant vaccine talk emanating from the NFL, politicians, and the media, by saying that discussions about the virus should focus on “health".

The future Hall of Famer made the comments during his regular Tuesday appearance on the Pat McAfee Show.

“Throughout this entire time, there hasn’t been real conversations around health…As far as giving people, you know, things to think about when it comes to how to be healthier, right, as far as your diet, vitamins, exercise and those kinds of things,” Rodgers told McAfee.

"The one frustration I have is that throughout all of this there hasn't been any conversation about health. I don't understand why society & the NFL hasn't talked about legitimate Covid treatment options"

A Centers for Disease Control (CDC) study published in March found that “about 78 percent” of all Covid patients admitted to the hospital were overweight or obese.

So, obviously, a public information campaign centered on making people healthy would make a lot of sense during a pandemic that seems to affect the obese adversely. However, because no one makes any money if fat people get in shape, the narrative from the media, politicians, and elites has focused almost entirely on vaccines.

Leaving the efficacy of the vaccine aside, clearly, a healthy lifestyle would not only not hurt but also help a vaccinated or unvaccinated person beat the coronavirus.

Maybe Rodgers can take Dr. Fauci’s job? He certainly seems more interested in doing Fauci’s job than Fauci does.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Every insurance company that offers Silver Sneakers [and other gym based programs] with their advantage plans have been doing that very thing for years.
    They’d rather foot the bill for Wellness Centers and gyms than to have to foot the bill for hospital stays. The more physically fit a person is, the less likely a person will be to have heart problems, diabetes, pulmonary diseases etc.
    Strangely though, the government is threatening to disrupt medicare / medicaid for those who remain un-jabbed. If somehow that passes, the Wellness Center option will be off the table until we unwashed citizens conform to the dictates of the government which to me, is totally counterproductive.
    They say they want us to stay healthy without the use of a facility that nearly guarantees healthy results for a shot that doesn’t guarantee anything at all and moreover, has a chance be harmful.

Don Alaska and Ed Wilson like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My BIL (wife's sister's husband) was very health conscious. Rode a bicycle, ate organic health food (bought at a Health Food Store) and yet still died from re-occurring blood clots. He told us, on the phone, "eat right" and later I told me wife, "so, where did eating right get him?".

There are those that have gone jogging, have a heart attack while jogging, and die right on the trail or sidewalk.

Many people can exercise, but some can't, or at least not like you do. I've had two rotator cuff surgeries (one each shoulder) and a hip replacement. Luckily, I can still launch/retrieve our boat and play our Wii Game, but going into a gym/fitness center to work out.........both of my orthopedic surgeons told me "no way, unless you want to go back under the knife again".

4. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Staying with the football theme...the best defense is a good offense.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I almost decided to bypass your whole argument but just couldn’t.

First: No one dies from nothing. No one! There’s no such thing as dying from old age. Something failed, something didn’t work. Prevention isn’t about preventing death, it’s about extending life and living life productively and without as many physical and mental encumbrances as possible. Quality of life.

Second: What you have decided to do is your decision. If you have an ortho who tells you that you can’t do any exercise then you really need to invest in someone who knows something other than the color of a buck and who will tell you what you need to know and not what you want to know.

It’s a FACT that the more physically fit a person is, the less likely they will have the medical concerns that those who are less physically fit have to face.
    it’s a FACT that people who get physically fit can beat diabetes type II as well as many other maladies including, as Rodgers indicates, CV.
    It’s a FACT that people who are physically fit can fight off most illnesses much easier than those who are not.

Lastly, just because you like to eat whatever you do whether it’s healthy or not is no reason to knock someone who sticks to a good diet and works out.
    I could very well die in the next minute, hour, week or month but when it does happen it won’t be because I didn’t attempt to stretch things out by eating right and working out.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    Ed Wilson and Al Amoling like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Believe it or not, Bobby, I do understand what you are saying here, BUT, to tell you the truth (really), wife and I, other than doing our boat and the Wii Game, simply aren't into physical fitness at all.

I'm not knocking those who go to a gym or fitness center, it just isn't our thing.
    As far as what my ortho surgeons told me, I totally believe in what they said. My wife and mine feeling, nobody else.

My wife had a friend who had a hip replacement done and her surgeon told her right out, "don't do anything other than the rehab that I've set up for you and the home exercises." Well, she went way beyond that at home and had to go back into surgery. She wouldn't listen to the surgeon and even told us "I should've listened to him".

7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

My son’s mother had both hips replaced and did whatever she wanted to including being a waitress in a high volume restaurant with no problems at all.

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just remember, Bobby, not everyone reacts the same after any surgery. I would trust what my surgeons and/or doctors tell me way before just "doing it". There are plenty of people that ignore what their surgeon/doctor told them. Some come out fine, while others, definitely not.

9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The thought that popped into my head when there is a discussion of "recurring blood clots" was: 1) When did this happen and 2) Was the person vaccinated against Covid. Coagulopathy is one of the primary side effects of the vaccines.

Yvonne Smith likes this.