Acute Viral Pharyngitis

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Over the past four days, I have had the worst sore throat I've ever had, along with a lot of congestion, and a headache. I wasn't overly concerned about Covid but, of course, the hospital insisted on testing for it. What they came up with was acute viral pharyngitis and there's nothing to be done for it other than waiting it out, except for Ibuprofen to dull the pain. Whatever I have, I caught it from my wife, as she was sick before I was. However, when she went to a walk-in clinic, they diagnosed her with a sinus infection and prescribed antibiotics and decongestants, so I don't know what's going on there.

So, I won't be working at the recovery center this Friday and had to cancel a couple of groups that I was going to facilitate there. Although I don't have Covid, what I have is viral and I wouldn't want to wish this on anyone. I can barely stand the pain involved in swallowing.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

That stinks. I hope you get over it quickly.

My prior doctor would have told you to do a warm salt water gargle.

3. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sounds like normal reactions to pollution.

The age-old fenugreek or supplements with fenugreek like fenu-thyme work quickly for me to stop the drainage in the back of the throat that causes coughing and sometimes is painful.

Lot's of distilled water, as much garlic as tolerated, and don't forget theO centuries old best simple remedy - raw unfilter apple cider vinegar 'with mother' in it.

Oregano for thousands of years was better than any antibi-drug, and without the nasty side effects of the drugs.

Colloidal silver spray/mist in face and mouth or /and drink a little often helps internal and external pain and so far never hurts.
    Some brands do not work though.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. John Brunner

I have fenugreek seeds that I sprout and put on salads & sandwiches. So how would I use those seeds medicinally?

5. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Basically, give or take ,

You have to be A LICENSED DOCTOR
    or HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
    to use/or promote/ prescribe/ ANYTHING medicinally to prevent and/or to treat any legally designated "disease" or "condition", by federal law, pushed through by pharmakeia over sixty years ago and since then probably more.

To feel better, just take them any which way you can figure out that's 'safe' and not harmful... - herbs in general are ten thousand times safer than an aspirin- , maybe online search helps also. I took the best seeling ones at the store, got the last bottle, and was DELIGHTED just taking one it worked in less than an hour. Just one for me - up to six a day was recommened on the bottle.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. John Brunner

I gotta think that sprouts are about the best way, since that is an alive state where all nutrients have been freed and a minimal number of air/water soluble ones have died. Once it hits the microgreen stage, things are lost. Heck, I could just crush some with my mortar & pestle and sprinkle them on my food.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I guess I’ll pass this on the same as I did to my wife when she was having some difficulties.
    100 proof Southern Comfort.

Gargle then swallow just to catch the rest of the pipes.
    It should kill the pain and taste good too but if it doesn’t, down a couple of shots you won’t care.

Do note: I drink no alcohol and Yvonne only does when she’s sick and not much even then.
    I introduced her to Southern Comfort when she was having throat problems and later on to soothe the pain from a split tooth.
    It normally only takes about a capful or so…..

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
    Lois Winters and John Brunner like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

No southern comfort for you. Garlic tea laced with natural honey instead. Garlic is a very powerful antibiotic especially in it’s raw stage.

John Brunner likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

What's cvd?

If you mean Covid, then wouldn't it make sense that no one would be diagnosed with it if they don't test for it? That would indicate only that they're not testing for it, not that no one has it. That's a bit like a joke that I sometimes make, which is that I avoid doctors because as long as I'm not diagnosed with something, I'm not sick. But I recognize it as a joke.

By the way, you're missing the point entirely, but I think that comes from the fact that, rather than replying to what people are actually saying, you often tend to look for something that you can use to post your agenda fluff.

I've been doing that, and it's actually on my patient instructions.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Nope . Never have been tested. i have test kits here, but unless i having some serious problems will not use. I am prone to nosebleeds now, and says not to use if you are .

11. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I was tested for COVID when I'd had it for nearly a week. If you can still smell and taste, chances are you are OK. For pharyngitis bouts I have used tea well laced with lemon and honey. I also chew raw garlic. It burns, but works. I avoid antibiotics whenever I can.

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Ken Anderson

I've actually been doing that too, although not the garlic.

Lois Winters likes this.
  13. Jeff Elohim

Registered

fwiw, do you mean you felt like you had it, or were told by someone you had it, or an actual microbiologist's laboratory actually found a virus and proved you had it ? So far as I know, no microbiologist in the world nor medical laboratory has actually proven there is a virus present, and they have asked the cdc for any sample virus to test, or even a part of a virus, but none has apparently been isolated , ever.
    The test used are now widely known to be useless medically , but very profitable and beneficially politically or for corporate reasons.

The way you treats the 'symptoms' or whatever seems to be the best , using garlic and other normal healthy ways
    that maintain, improve, and restore strong immune system as needed.

14. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I was given a blood test that was examined by a microbiologist and an epidemiologist. I also had months of follow-up blood tests to see if I still had the antibodies. I did, and as a result had a terrible reaction to the vaccine.

15. Ken Anderson

It's been about four days now (maybe five), and each day gets worse. My temperatures are above 100 now, which isn't overly scary but certainly not my typical temperature, I can barely talk, swallowing is painful, and I still have the congestion and headache, plus I now have a stomach ache as well, which is new today. I'm also having trouble forming thoughts (yeah, I know, some of you probably think that's normal for me), but I think that has to do with the DayQuil and the NyQuil as I have a low tolerance for drugs that affect the brain.

My wife asked me what I wanted for supper (which she incorrectly calls dinner). Meaning to ask what she had in mind, what came out of my mouth was something like, "What plan you mind?"

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    Bruce Andrew likes this.