Agawa Canyon 21-inch Folding Bow Saw

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Ken Anderson, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I bought this thing back in April and haven't been able to figure out how to assemble the damned thing. At this point, it's too late to return it, which is too bad since I paid $75 bucks for it, but I don't know if I'm being stupid or if there's something wrong with it. -- Amazon

agawa.jpg
    1. This is where it is supposed to attach, but I can't get it to come together in any way that I can even see how it's supposed to attach.
    2. This is depicted as being near a 90-degree angle but it doesn't bend to that angle. Because it doesn't bend to that angle, the black section will not fit into the green section, which is where I believe it's supposed to go.

These saws are rated highly, and it doesn't look like it should be complicated. However, I have watched a few videos showing its assembly but I can't find any way to assemble it. There were no instructions. I'd like to figure it out, if indeed it does work because it comes with a nice canvas pouch that includes slots for other things that I might want to carry out into the woods.

agawa1.JPG agawa3.JPG agawa2.JPG

Does anyone here have one of these?

2. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Ken Anderson

@Ed Wilson, I've had one of those, or something similar, but wanted something that cuts easier, as the Agawa saws are supposed to do. I have a Silky saw that cuts almost as easily as a chainsaw, and was looking for something like that with a longer cutting surface.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe you could contact the seller and ask if they can walk you through the assembly. I assume you saw the "Step 1, 2, 3, 4" on the Amazon listing?

5. Ken Anderson

Yeah, it doesn't seem to fit. If one angle would come closer to being a 90-degree angle, as shown, I can see how the black section might be able to fit into the green section, and maybe then it would lock in place. But I can't get it to fit.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

This is what it shows for directions, and looks like it should be fairly simple. But if the parts don’t fit together, then they might need to send you a replacement. If you contact the company, and say there is a defect, they would probably replace it for one that fits together properly.

0835EE32-37C1-41AA-80D1-8900C9163260.jpeg

7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

So can you remove one (or both of) of the 2 pins that hold the blade to the handle, assemble the handle to the proper shape, and then reattach the blade?

8. Ken Anderson

I'll probably try that tomorrow.

9. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I believe that all you need is more elbow grease. By that I mean you probably have to force STEP 4 as shown in Yvonne's post to get it to lock in place so the whole saw is rigid when in use. There would be a problem if it flopped around loosely. First however you should position the green and black parts in your pic like STEP 4 in Yvonne's and push like hell. That's all I got.
    upload_2021-10-17_12-38-58.jpeg upload_2021-10-17_12-39-26.jpeg

Yvonne Smith likes this.