Alice Cooper Headed Our Way

Discussion in 'Music' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

First of all, the dude is 74 years old and still going! He will be doing a concert locally in Oct.. One thing for sure, we aren't going! We could handle seeing Chicago in concert, but Alice Cooper is much, much louder.

I remember when a young blonde Australian lead guitar playing girl, that was practicing to play with Michael Jackson's This Is It forthcoming concert in 2009, when he died. Michael was even going to "showcase" her in the middle of the stage playing. Well, after his death, she wound up joining Alice Cooper.

She was most definitely one HOT lead guitar player.

Mary Stetler and Nancy Hart like this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

You should go @Cody Fousnaugh. Take ear muffs.

Two of my favorites: School's Out

"Cooper said he was inspired to write the song when answering the question, "What's the greatest three minutes of your life?". Cooper said: "There's two times during the year. One is Christmas morning. The next one is the last three minutes of the last day of school when you're sitting there and it's like a slow fuse burning."" :)

and, Only Women Bleed

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

[​IMG]

Nita Strauss.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Too bad Faye is not available.

Faye Fox likes this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Nita Strauss doesn't even come close to the playing skills of the 11-year-old starting at 5:41. It disgusts me that female guitar playing skills are associated with hard rock shredding which is void of any real music, mostly electronic, and repetitious. The 11-year-old here actually runs some scales and has more actual left-hand finger technique than all the rest. You couldn't pay me to listen to Alice Cooper even if the volume was low. If I was kidnapped and taken to his concert, I would fight to the death to escape. The owl hooting out in my tree right now while the neighbor warms his diesel dually is more musical than Cooper. He is a talentless freak. You can see from this video that as female hard rock shredders go, Laura Cox is a favorite because of her cute boobs that she isn't shy about showing. She is also very talented and knows music but is not even close to the best if all the genres of female guitarists are considered.

@Mary Stetler I was never a shredder. The only rock I did was the oldies up to the 80s and surf tunes like the Ventures, Marques, etc. I wouldn't play with or for Alice Cooper for 10 million bucks. Now if Mark Knopfler, Joe Walsh, Eddie Van Halen, or Sammy Haggar asked me, I would be there in a flash.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.
  6. John Brunner

I played trumpet in high school during the era of The Stones, The Who, and all the "classic rock" bands. Unlike my peers, I was not (and never have been) much of a fan. Only jazz, classical, orchestral, big band, even bluegrass are "real music." Volume and Talent are inversely proportional. (Although I do like The Ventures' "Telestar.")

I recall hearing the story of how the Stones wrote "Satisfaction." It seems they were in some drugged stupor, and when they came out of it the next day, they heard the "flap flap flap" of the tape having hit the end of the reel...it seems they had left the thing turned on. When they played it back, they heard the repetitious lick that the song starts out with (and is played throughout) being played over and over and over hours on end by one of them in his "semi-conscious state." Frickin' jeenyus, huh?

But most of modern culture is like restaurants: there's Fine Dining, then there's Billions Served.

Mary Stetler and Faye Fox like this.
  7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

and then there is Ana that plays electric rock guitar with a touch of jazz and blues styling without any overdrive distortion or other numerous electronic gadgets to give the illusion that she is doing more than she is.

8. Mary Stetler

Registered

Sorry, I did not mean to offend. Just remembered your lovely guitar playing and thought you would look good in the outfit. I was not a Cooper fan although there are times I like a bit of Led Zepplin. I didn't even know the term shredding. The supplemented Beach Boys I saw at a fair just a few years back. The lead said, if you plan to make it as a hit band, don't make any of your songs more than 2 1/2 minutes long or you would be playing till exhausted when you were in your 70's.

Faye Fox likes this.
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh goodness, no offense at all! Thanks for the compliment on my playing. I struggle to play very long anymore even at a slow speed. My hands are rebelling. I get cramps so easily and I am too lazy to do an hour of warm-up exercises. I just get right into the music and don't last very long. I really like the two-piece outfit and high heels Ana is wearing in the video I posted of her, but I couldn't pull that off anymore hahaha!

Mary Stetler likes this.
  10. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

From the ‘50s it was Buddy Holly and the Crickets, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, the Everly Brothers, the Platters, the Coasters, Danny and the Juniors and so much more. Then there was all the doo-wop groups and later in the ‘60s, it was the Stones, Credence Clearwater and all the protest songs. Afterwards, The Day The Music Died by Don McClean and it really did die for me. I have not listened to any of the modern stuff ever, which is why I listen to talk radio I guess.

Faye Fox likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, folks, there are fans of different kinds of music. We aren't into (at all) Heavy-Metal/Acid Rock, as in the bands: Anthrax, Cinderella and Poison. When I was "drumming" on a set of Ludwig years upon years ago, two of my favorite songs were Born To Be Wild and Wipe Out.

My wife didn't like her son listening to AC/DC, but now she listens to Shook Me All Night Long by them as well as some remakes, like Van Halen's You Really Got Me, Billy Idol's Mony, Mony and Grand Funk Railroad's Locomotion.

Before meeting my wife, I had absolutely no interest in Motown music, but now I'm a major fan of it. My wife is a major fan and most definitely got me into that music Generation.

I love seeing a female drummer, like the one in The Go-Go's.

Now, I don't get into all of Alice Cooper songs, but just a few. Just like I'm not into all of Kiss, Led Zepplin or Van Halen songs.

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Many times, the music is what a person grows up with and/or is played at high school dances. Basically, the only time I listened to any type of music was when I went to a Class Dance in high school.

And, the age of a person can dictate what they listen to. We aren't into the old Hank Williams, Merle Haggard stuff, but do have one cd of older country music, as in Dotty West, Patsy Cline and so one.

13. Jenna Parnellson

Jenna Parnellson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Mmm. Patsy Cline. We used to listen to her until we realized that, geez, her music is really too sad to listen to for long.

14. John Brunner

It's interesting how songs can stir certain emotions because of where we were in our lives when we listened to those songs. I think the subconscious imprint is as strong as smells are.

It's like listening to torch songs when you've broken up with someone. They have their place, but at some point you gotta move on.

15. Mary Stetler

Registered

No Sha-na-na?