Amazon Pantry & Amazon Fresh

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by Lon Tanner, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I have been using Amazon Pantry for heavier items like canned soups, tuna, laundry soaps & manage to fill the Amazon box with 50 lbs of goodies that they allow for free one day delivery. In each case the price is better than my local super market. And now, I am using Amazon for fresh foods like veggies, fruits, milk, eggs, meat fish & chicken for same day or one day delivery and the prices are great. How the hell do they do this. The items have to come from some supplier locally for the items to be fresh. They appear at your front door in a big green canvas pouch with canvas straps and the Amazon Logo. You leave the empty bag at your door and they pick it up on the next delivery.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe one day I'll use it but for now I like to go out just about every day.

3. Amazon sells food? I didn't know that! cool!!

4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ren Tanner
    How are perishables within the canvas pouch maintained as un-perished?
    Frank

5. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I buy a lot of things from amazon but I don't think I'll try grocery shopping as long as I'm able to go to the store.

6. Lon Tanner

Registered

Better than in a paper bag Frank and don't forget it's same day delivery.

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  7. Lon Tanner

Registered

My first Freshly order arrived at 10 AM today. I selected the items and ordered yesterday afternoon. Cantelope, bananas, bag of Madarins, asparagus, eggs, green seedless grapes, fresh strawberries, fresh Halibut, shrimp. ans other items. WOLFGANG PUCK could not have selected fresher produce. I continue to be impressed and amazed at what Amzon is doing. What's next??

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Lon Tanner

Registered

IMG_0634.JPG My first Freshly order arrived at 10 AM today. I selected the items and ordered yesterday afternoon. Cantelope, bananas, bag of Madarins, asparagus, eggs, green seedless grapes, fresh strawberries, fresh Halibut, shrimp. ans other items. WOLFGANG PUCK could not have selected fresher produce. I continue to be impressed and amazed at what Amzon is doing. What's next??

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We don't have this available here yet, although we can order through the Amazon Pantry. Since you have to fill the box, and we do not buy much in the way of canned or packaged foods, I have never ordered through the Pantry.
    I believe that the Freshly order like you are getting is one of the reasons that Amazon wants to be approved for drone delivery, from what I have read about that, @Ren Tanner .
    Since it comes fresh and local, the drone could bypass traffic and deliver even faster than someone with a delivery van or truck could do, and because these are small packages, the drone can be fairly small that delivers them.
    Amazon said it would even be cheaper than paying for delivery people, once they have everything set up and in place. They would land the drone either at your front door, or in a deck or balcony if you have an inside apartment.