Anne Heche Dead At 53

Discussion in 'Celebrity Deaths' started by John Brunner, Aug 12, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

8/12/22: Anne Heche died today due to injuries sustained last week when she crashed into a home in the Mar Vista neighborhood of Los Angeles, engulfing her car and the house in flames, according to Los Angeles police and fire officials.

[​IMG]

RIP

Tony Page and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

? suicide???

3. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Could she have had a heart attack or stroke behind the wheel? I guess her autopsy will show the cause, I hope.

4. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Anne Heche
    R.I.P.

5. John Brunner

@Don Alaska @Lulu Moppet

There were narcotics in her system. Apparently, she's had drug issues for years. There's a brief Ring Doorbell video on the web of her car blasting through that neighborhood doing 100 MPH, then you hear the crash.

Tony Page likes this.
  6. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for the information, stardom has traps if you're not strong enough to avoid them.

John Brunner likes this.
  7. John Brunner

And you can have enough money to buy your way out of most of those traps...or so you may think.

At least she didn't hurt anyone else.

Tony Page likes this.
  8. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe not physically but I'm sure their family members that are hurting right now.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  9. John Brunner

I just read up on her. I forgot about her having been Ellen DeGeneres' girlfriend at one point. She is survived by a 20 year old son and a 13 year old son by 2 different husbands, and divorced the last one 4 years ago.

The following is from WIKI.

She was the youngest of 5 children, and was the last surviving sibling. An 18 year old brother died in a car crash 3 months after their father died of AIDS when she was 13 years old...Heche claimed her brother suicided, but official reports say "asleep at the wheel" (maybe @Don Alaska is on to something with his comment.) Heche also claimed to be a victim of child abuse by her father (claiming to have contracted genital herpes from him when she was an infant) over an extended period of time, but her mother disputes that.

She got an acting offer at age 16 on As The World Turns but her mother refused to allow her to go. She got another soap opera acting offer just before high school graduation, and when her mother still protested Heche told them to send her a plane ticket, and she left home. At this time, home was a one bedroom apartment in Chicago where the two of them lived. She described her mother as "very religious." While that's a blank canvas any of us can paint their own picture on, coupled with he father's AIDS death and her memories of sexual abuse, her childhood sounds like chaos.

There are stories of bizarre behaviours indicative of significant mental health issues and drug abuse. Holly wood did not mess her up, it sounds like she led a tortured life before she got there.

Perhaps she's found peace.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I read in the initial reports of her "accident" that there was a vodka bottle in the cupholder in her car, so the assumption was that she was impaired before the blood tests found drugs. Plus she had run into some other building before she crashed into the house and driven away from that scene.

And for the "no one else hurt" crap; she totally destroyed a woman's home; it burned down. I think the homeowner had minor injuries.

Typical Hollywood loser, IMO. (And I saw Ellen's comments... very terse so obviously they didn't end the affair on good terms.)

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember an interview someone had with Anne when she stated that she took Ellen to the Premiere Opening of Tommy Lee Jones movie, Volcano, which she was in, and after that, she couldn't get another job in Hollywood. At that time, Hollywood banished her for being a lesbian.

John Brunner likes this.
  12. John Brunner

Yeh, I read that she made that claim. But who really believes that Hollywood discriminates against homosexuals? It doesn't make sense to me.

On the other hand, I don't follow that stuff enough to know if there are any male actors who are "out" and who will not be cast in leading heterosexual romantic roles because of it.

Now that I think of it, I believe that gays protest against straights being cast in the role of homosexuals, so out of fairness & consistency, bilateral discrimination is OK by me, if discrimination must exist at all.

Al Amoling, Don Alaska and Tony Page like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

She looks vaguely familiar so I must have seen her in something, but the name didn't register.

14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

She made over 30 movies since volcano and over 20 TV shows, she got plenty of work.

15. John Brunner

She really sounds like a train wreck.

Tony Page likes this.