Anti-vaccination Movie Pulled Due To Pressure

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Martin Alonzo, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The movie vaxxed was pulled due to pressure from the medical system. They really do not want you to think.

2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

The doctor that started the whole MMR/Autism connection was discredited after investigation of his methods, and the falsification of data. I don't believe in this particular conspiracy theory.
    In fact the doctor Andrew Wakefield has been responsible for a large rise in the prevalence of the three diseases (Measles Mumps Whooping Cough), and subsequently an increase in deaths from them.

The British doctor was the lead author of a controversial study published in 1998, which argued there might be a link between MMR and autism and bowel disease.

Mr Wakefield suggested that parents should opt for single jabs against mumps, measles and rubella instead of the three-in-one vaccine.

His comments and the subsequent media furore led to a sharp drop in the number of children being vaccinated against these diseases.

But the study, first published in The Lancet, was later retracted by the medical journal.

Mr Wakefield's research methods were subsequently investigated by the General Medical Council and he was struck off the medical register.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm a believer in vaccinations, they are important for eradicating or preventing many diseases.

Sheldon Scott and Mari North like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I find it interesting that we can find a right to privacy for a fourteen year-old girl to have an abortion without her parent's knowledge or permission, on the premise that it's her body and it's her right to choose, yet we can force children to be vaccinated despite the objections of their parents. It's a strange world that we live in. Remember the measles scare last year? Well, more people died from the vaccine than from the measles.

Martin Alonzo and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Vaccinations are for the good of more than an individual sometimes. No, I don't remember the measles scare. Wasn't paying attention as my kids and grandsons have all been vaccinated against it.

Also, wasn't aware of the abortion issue. Doesn't affect me or my grandsons. Although as a parent I would like to know if my daughter was getting an abortion, I have no idea on the law regarding that.

Terry Page likes this.
  6. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, absolutely, @Chrissy Page ! The "crunchy" parents who are causing a stink about the whole issue have no *idea*... no concept of what it would be like to face a diphtheria epidemic... or to have polio return. NO concept. The autism connection has been debunked.. and still there are people who are like dogs with a new bone... just won't let it go. And in the meantime putting our own kids and grandkids and future generations in grave danger because of their irresponsible choices. Gee, tell us how you really feel, Mari! :oops:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am 100% certain that my cats live into their twenties for two reasons: 1) I feed them right; and 2) I do not vaccinate them.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That doesn't prove anything, Ken. :)

9. Mari North

Registered

But can cats get polio and diphtheria? Just asking. :) Seriously, the kitties I know who have lived past 20 have *had* all their shots. (And grain-free food, granted, but different issue.)

10. Mari North

Registered

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I just don't understand what people have against modern medicine? Sure there are some meds that aren't great and they are making money but what's wrong with making money, that's how the world turns.

Go back a couple hundred years and die of old age in your 40's, or in childbirth or anything else. I'll take big pharma any day.

12. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes there are lots of stories about the dangers of dropping vaccination levels.

Here

When enough people in a community are vaccinated against measles or have been previously infected with the virus, there's a protective effect called herd immunity that interrupts the spread of the virus to vulnerable people.

[​IMG]

A Boy Who Had Cancer Faces Measles Risk From The Unvaccinated
    But the vaccination rate in the community has to be very high to guard against measles — 96 percent or greater.

"Measles is one of those cases of how herd immunity is really for the common good," Boston Children's Hospital's Majumder tells Shots. "Healthy kids don't die from it."

But children with weakened immune systems can die, and they rely on others to break the chain of measles transmission. Majumder's conclusion: "If you can vaccinate, do."

13. Mari North

Registered

My feelings on this are twofold. I personally hate taking medication of any kind... so I kind of reject big pharma. (With good reason... I hear stuff first-hand from someone who is basically forced to hand it out to patients because of pressure but that's another topic.) BUT that doesn't have anything to do with my feelings on vaccinations.

As @Terry Page said, some medical person squawked about an autism link that was basically a lie... a celebrity or two jumped on the bandwagon and we all know that when a celebrity says something, it's gospel. :mad: And the sheeples followed. Guess who's going to cry loudest when their un-vaxxed kid gets polio?

14. Mari North

Registered

Oh yes, good thought, Terry. I was thinking that the outbreaks of those four things at least weren't deadly... but I hadn't realized that for many kids who don't have strong enough immune systems, it certainly can be. And how 'bout these Chicken Pox parties?! One of those things that can't be explained.

Terry Page likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I don't even hate big pharma, Mari. I want to have medicines that help or cure. If natural works for something, then that's great and better of course. It's just not always the case.

To me what's even scarier than big pharma are all the OTC miracles that cost a fortune and don't do a thing. The fat and weight loss ones. The muscle builders, etc. they arent even controlled as to what is in them and no proof of whatever they're claiming.