Anyone Changed Their Opinion On The Paranormal Lately?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Steven Stanick, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Steven Stanick

Steven Stanick Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Having begun to watch nearly all episodes of "Paranormal Caught On Tape" I have come to believe there is something to the spiritual world. Not sure if it is good or bad. I always ask if spirits can open and close doors and knock things off surfaces why not ask them to write something simple on a wall or paper or something?

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think there is, but am not sure. That's not a change in my opinion, though.

3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

My experiences I had while volunteering at a local Museum .
    for 6 years.

This building is huge however right in the middle part of the building is the War artefacts room which has stretchers used to transport injured / dead soldiers..uniforms / medals / clothing / rugs made from the collars of shirts of deceased soldiers …right down to Japanese swords used during the war ( believed to be very valuable)
    and anytime anyone walks into that room they get a very cold feeling and the hairs would stand up on My arms and I’d hurry outta there ….I had to walk through the room each day to unlock the other rooms of displays and repeat it on closing time

Just before Covid a group started coming up from the city to conduct ghost tours of the building with sightings reported by several tourists in some of the rooms in daylight hours as well as others reporting someone sitting on a chair crying in the War room along with the very creepy ( to me) .

Lodge room and the death room which includes articles about a local woman …..who was the only woman hung in SA for the crime of poisoning / killing her husband. It’s a creepy room …so as much as I dismissed stuff while I was there for 5 hours a day once a week
    way to many have reported the same feelings as me. ( I’m sure the ghost tours have started again by now)

My grandmother attended the school . ( headmasters room still set up as it was in the 1800’s along with roll books, and the CANE :eek:)

The museum has a very old school room set up just as it would have been when it was built, rulers have been known to fall off desks for no reason or chalk to fly through the air out of nowhere, some have reported children crying .

Anyone who volunteers for the museum works alone, on 3 occasions I had people ask for a refund
    Of $8 because they felt “uneasy” in the building. ( visitors need at least an hour and a half to look a all of the displays)

I believe the building sat vacant for 10 years after the school closed before opening as a national trust museum

Copied this for a bit of history about the museum ****
    Experience the history and culture of the district with a wealth of interesting displays on show. The museum is located in the former Mines Model School, erected in 1878. The school remained an active and important centre for the Mines community for ninety years and closed in 1968.

The museum tells the story of Cornish pioneers who came to South Australia for the copper mines 1861-1923. It has 14 rooms and houses thematic displays on the Cornish miners’ lifestyles – mining, lodges and friendly societies, sports and pastimes, death and hardship, extensive displays of costumes, china, silverware, photographs and memorabilia and a classroom furnished in the c.1900 style.

The Building

67593641-CF8C-4427-B545-1D53E4AB4253.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  4. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I've never seen a ghost or any other paranormal event. However, I've come to see the organized evil on this planet as undeniable proof of the demonic and satanic. Does that mean that the only transcendental beings that exist are evil? I can't believe that, therefore I have to embrace the possibility and hope that there exists a good God.

I've got a lot to answer for.

John Brunner likes this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is one thing I've become a little less open minded about as I've gotten older. I used to think of such things as being a certainty. Now I view them as being unlikely.

I've not shut the door on them...it's still open a crack. But it used to be wide open.

I'm not sure how I feel about it going this direction.

6. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

If that crack is not enough we're both in trouble.

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have thought it interesting that the Holy Lands/Middle East were stated basically to be of 'the end' in the Bible, written a loooonnnnng time ago, and it looks that way, often, to me. Was the evil causing the end foretold or is it just in the media more. There has always been good and evil, wars, floods, famines, festivals, successes, joy...

Rome fell in a way that seems similar to what is going on here now. Civilizations rise and fall with the good and 'evil' that happens through history.
    There can be no good without evil. How would we know it if there was only always good?

I have had a few paranormal experiences in my life--none horrible. Watching some tv shows makes me think about them. There really is an Allison Dubois.;)
    Just now I can't think of the story of Jesus sort of laughing at one of his disciples for thinking they had a grasp of the complexities of existence after death.
    He could not give more than parables to explain a lot because that was all that could be understood at the time. Now we talk about multi dimensional existence, folding space for travel, look at the pictures of the Hubble telescope!
    I think God is in everyone and everywhere. And if energy can't be destroyed, only changed, maybe we can unite with him if not fettered by our physical bodies. If you want to find him look within. and then share him? Maybe open yourself to him, now, first?
    I could babble on about the 'good and evil' in nature and the animal kingdom. But it is not actually good and evil, is it? The hawk kills a mouse. The lion kills the antelope. Animals get sick and die... a fawn stumbles out of the woods with its mom, each sunset it prettier than the last--cause and effect?
    Unfortunately, I believe that there is more work to be done after death to progress. I also believe in 'pre-existence':rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    Dwight Ward and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Nope, my opinion remains the same based on my personal experiences. Trying to understand more about the paranormal in my youth, I studied all I could find about the subconscious mind. I learned about hypnotism and what powers it had. I learned that only the subconscious mind can connect with the spiritual world. The spiritual world exists only for me in a subconscious state.

9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

No. First I need to figure out all the "normal" things. So little time.

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Since anything that confounds a scientific explanation is called “paranormal”, everyone here has some experience with it.
    It’s just that the categories that are mentioned most often such as wandering spirits and such are more popular and are seemingly almost within reach of some understanding albeit that which is seems rational isn’t necessarily fact.

11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

No, I have not changed my opinion of the paranormal. And definitely not from watching the cheesy ghost-chasers TV shows, mainly because I don't watch them.

Faye Fox, Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  12. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well, remember the hand that appeared in front of everyone once, and wrote on the wall ? It was not good news for the one it was for, no, not at all.

In this world, most all the spiritual world is bad, not good.

Escaping the bad, being rescued, is rare, and good.