Anyone Still Have A Mind Of Their Own?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Marie Mallery, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Or has it been silenced by popular opinion's these days I wonder if people even know themselves what they believe or has the WOKE society we live in now taken away their real opinion's?? I see so many contradicting posts.

John Houlihan and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We are all subject to being manipulated, especially so in a consumer culture where we are marketed to (indoctrinated) from a very early age.

Marie Mallery and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

freedom.

Yes, but you'd think age brings a little bit of freedom. Guess not in a world like today where if you stand, you stand alone. Not only do you not disagree with your adversaries, but you join in on your own destruction.

John Houlihan and John Brunner like this.
  4. John Brunner

But an entire generation has been raised to be in opposition. The problem is, they have been raised to be in opposition to that which supports true freedom. "Don't trust anyone over 30." We all know what that means...reject mature experienced opinions.

Nonconformists conform in their non conformity, and they cannot even see that they reject merely to reject. They stand alone together.

Then there's this self-destructive fetish we have with "being young." Again, let's reject maturity and learning and wisdom...we're all children.

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

This too is true, look at David, his child Absolom wanted him dead, and he still defended him. Today is no different with us especially us mothers.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. John Brunner

We cannot turn our backs on people, for lots of reasons. The Number One reason is because not turning them away is the right thing to do. Other benefits are great, but subordinate to that one.

Marie Mallery and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

I've helped many in my life even when I had little to give. But I've; learned too that it's usually a waste of time to help those who won't help themselves, in the end it actually hurts them.
    Today we have many people who are down and out through no fault of their own and that is a shame. But I also think charity begins at home.
    I guess it is fate that made so many not see it coming. American poverty is now overwhelming.

8. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

i still have my mind...
    we live in the world that we have allowed to become indoctrinated...corrupt...we moved away from God's law...into man's creation..hold on tight dear one...the Lord will strengthen us

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Taking the example displayed by the Father, I haven’t changed my mind one iota about what I know to be right and wrong, but rather, I have changed my mind on how I deal with it.

Nothing I knew to be wrong yesterday is “less wrong” today just because society in general has seemingly fallen away from the truth and moreover, has accepted and even embraced that which is false.
    I liken the moral and ethical attitude of society to that of a compass wherein the needle on a compass will only point true north until it is drawn into a new direction by an outside influence and there it will stay until an even greater influence moves it into another direction.

There are no gray areas to what is right or wrong.
    Now, does that mean that my personal life is such that I can do no wrong? Absolutely not!
    But, just because society doesn’t condemn those wrongs that I do doesn’t mean that they are less wrong and it is ultimately up to me to recognize the error, repair the damage done if possible and change coarse back to true north.

10. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have recently become aware of Canada's Premiere Danielle Smith who is standing up against the WEF. She was recently chided about being swayed by the conspiracists online by a few 'news reporters'. and she held it together.
    Klaus was on an open mic talking about their up and coming young member including Trudeau.
    A few of Canada's law makers are speaking up. Hope they all start emulating Rand Paul. Sadly he and others have an awful lot of fronts to fight.

Marie Mallery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think that I do. On the other hand, most everything I have learned has been the product of the minds of others so I’m not sure there’s any good way to answer that. It seems like every time I get an interesting “original” thought, when I start looking around, someone(s) else has explored it in depth and maybe even made a product from it.

……sigh……

12. John Houlihan

John Houlihan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The Ring of Truth - by Vernon Howard

A very young girl was kidnapped by passing gypsies. As she was hustled away inside the wagon, all she heard was the ringing of the village bell. As she grew up, she longed to return to her rightful home. Eventually, she began her search. She wandered from country to country, village to village, listening intensely for the special ring of that village bell. But to no avail. Finally, she heard a faintly familiar peal. Something within her knew that she was hearing her village bell at last. So, she confidently followed the sound all the way home.

The ring of truth is like that village bell. If we really listen, we can recognize the Truth.

13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Nice little story John, although sadly few hear that bell or ignore it to fit in.

John Houlihan likes this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I definitely have a mind of my own. I usually have strong opinions about things, and make my own decisions without being influenced by others most of the time. I consider other people's feelings if a decision affects them, but regarding a "woke" society... pffffffffffffffffft. I'll remain sleeping, thanks.

Marie Mallery and Krystal Shay like this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Beth, you do seem to have a mind of your own.

Beth Gallagher likes this.