Are We In The End-times, Believe It Or Not

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Denise Evans, Sep 29, 2023.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

No Denise I don't get cable. But I do have many study papers from years ago when I studied that I refer to and of course YouTube and some news. I have forgotten much due to age, I guess.
    My daughters are Christians, one is very involved, so she keeps me up to date on a lot.
    Ironic that the day after I say I don't want to talk on politics or religion much, Israel gets attacked.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I would have thought Hamas would have attacked on Yom Kippur, since that is what they did in 1973. Perhaps they felt Israel was expecting an attack then, so they delayed it. There are many big wars that are on the verge: Iran-Israel, China-Taiwan, North Korea-South Korea, Serbia-Kosovo, and, of course, the Russia-NATO war on the brink.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Matthew 24:7
    7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

I know we've had wars and the rest as well, but does anyone else think there's "sort of" a lot of all this than ever before? I can't help myself, sorry, I've been studying Revelation :rolleyes:

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I don't think I have ever seen so many wars in process at one time. We had a "Pax Americana" for many decades, but recent political decisions from the White House have ended that.

Marie Mallery and Denise Evans like this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

It's a dirty job but I guess someone's got to be doing the devil's bidding.

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

The Biblical Times were full of war. Man has never gotten along for long. All earths Continents are fighting with themselves and others since time began.

Joseph Carl likes this.
  7. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Veteran Member
    Registered

The long history of wars is true Marie and thus should not serve as a barometer for impending end times. However, I do think Israel's nationhood of 1948 is a significant precursor to the end times, and as I study eschatoloy, I see geopolitical events, scientific advancements, and cultural trends seemingly lining up well with the prophesies of the Bible.

I can't know of course, but it seems plausible to me that I'll see the rapture or tribulation within my remaining lifetime. I'm good with the former, but would rather not experience the latter.

8. Denise Evans

Registered

What I can't believe in is coincidences of the magnitudes of events that at least seem to align with Bible Prophecy. I do understand not being able to believe the prophecies because I didn't used to be a believer. Now I can't begin to think of how man/woman think "they" could write the Bible, let alone Create the Universe. I love the Big Bang Theorists because I always ask them who created the Big Bang?:rolleyes:

I'm with you Joseph, and if I'm wrong about God and the Bible, what harm is there. But if I'm right, I'm glad I'm a believer.

Joseph Carl likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I don't knw if anyone here follows the Lectionary, but today's reading from Isaiah really hit me. It is Isaiah 5:1-7 if you are interested in looking it up. The corresponding Gospel is similar. It is Matthew 21:33-43.

10. Denise Evans

Registered

I just read both Don and I was kind of wondering what your take was on it because I haven't been following what's happening in Israel the only thing I heard was on here about Iran beginning to bomb them or attack them I am very very interested in your take and I appreciate you putting up the scriptures. I was trying hard to understand verse 43 of Matthew especially.

11. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I read that the attack was like a huge antifa attack would be here. Israel and Saudi Arabia were moving closer and some definitely did not want that. So they did something Israel could not ignore.

12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The Matthew reference is a bit more difficult, but the vineyard reference seems to stand on its own. It seems as though the fences/walls around both the U.S. and Israel have been removed and the "wildlife" has been attacking both countries. I just felt it was particularly appropriate for Israel's situation.

13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The negotiations between the Saudis and the Israelis was perhaps the trigger event, as Iran won't tolerate that, just as Russia won't tolerate Ukraine becoming a member of NATO. The whole thing has been in the planning for sometime though, probably years, since the training of paratroops takes time and was done in some location other than Gaza.

Hamas has cells within the U.S. as well, so there may be attacks here. Both Hamas and Hezbollah have come across the open southern border probably disguised as Mexicans, but their presence is known to U.S. authorities according to some sources. Attacks here would probably be against infrastructure since the numbers are not sufficient for attacks such as Israel suffered.

Joseph Carl and Mary Stetler like this.
  14. Denise Evans

Registered

What I need to do Don is catch up on the news so I'll see what I can find probably I'll wait till morning I don't like to watch anything awful before I go to bed anyway once I'm a little more informed on exactly what's going on over there I'll probably be able to interpret the verses a bit better I do believe we are in the end times very definitely starting to believe that it'll be within my lifetime when the tribulation starts.

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

It was kind of interesting when I went to Walmart today and was on my way out there's a lady that works there I always see and we kind of know each other you know just as me being a customer and I don't know what started the conversation but she was talking about I just don't understand why all this craziness is going on and with Israel and everything and and I said well I said I've been reading the Bible prophecies and they match up pretty close and I said I think we're either in the end times or getting really close to the tribulation and she says oh I don't believe in any of that and so I just listened to her rant along some more and then when I got a chance to get a word in and tell her goodbye I said well I can tell you why and that's because man's ego and anybody reading this whenever I say man's I mean man and woman I wasn't going to go in to sin or any more of the Bible with her because she was very close-minded towards that. I always figure if I'm wrong to believe in the Bible then what harm is done but if I'm right then I guess I got my bases covered

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.