Aretha Franklin's Granddaughter

Discussion in 'Music' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

She was trying out for American Idol last night, but didn't make it. The judges didn't like how she sang her first song, so they had her sing another. Two of the three judges didn't think she was ready for American Idol. Katy Perry was the only one "for" her. When Lionel Richie said "no, not right now", Katy got up from the judges table and said "I'm going to the bar". IOW, she wasn't that happy that the young girl was voted out/"no".

Funny thing is, the granddaughter stated that she never really knew how famous her grandmother was. I don't really get that, but. She also stated that she only knew her grandmother, Aretha Franklin, as "grandma", nothing else.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Guess, either nobody likes American Idol and/or Aretha Franklin?

3. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Personally I could care less if American Idol went off the air completely. They haven't had any really good singers for years.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, we still watch American Idol and, no matter what someone might think, there have been some very, very good singers that have won.

We remember one young lady that really rocked the Los Angeles Dolby Theater when she sang a Janis Joplin song. The young lady was a real "rocker"! In fact, Simon Cowell told her that if she didn't win American Idol, he would personally give her a singing contract.