Art Bell Or George Noory?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Ivan Tea Sanderzon, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Ivan Tea Sanderzon

Ivan Tea Sanderzon Well-Known Member
    Registered

Personally, I preferred Art Bell. You?

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Definitely , I preferred Art Bell, at least until it looked like he might have murdered his wife, then, not so much. But as a radio show host for paranormal, he was unbeatable , and had the best guests ever.
    George Noory is probably more controlled by sponsors than Art Bell was, and that is the reason that John B. Wells left C2CAM and started his own show, Caravan to Midnight.

My favorite Art Bell guest was Mel, who had the amazing story about “Mel’s Hole” out in Washington State, in the mountains near Yakima. There is a large military base out in the same area, so it would not surprise me to find out that there was at least some truth to the whole story about the hole.

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I liked Art Bell much better as well. When Noory took over, Coast-to-Coast became just another pre-screened talk show. Art Bell may have murdered his wife @Yvonne Smith? Unless that was his first wife, I can't see it with Ramona. After Ramona's death, who he referred to as his soul mate, his life just fell apart. That, combined with whatever happened to his son, destroyed the man for what I know. Ramona died from taking Salmeterol, an asthma maintenance inhaler, while she was having an attack. That is listed among the cautions and warnings for that drug, and is known to cause sudden death.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

There was more to the story than just that, if you look for the information. When Ramona was alive, he did seem to act like she was the love of his life and he was devastated when she died suddenly.
    But, within about 2-3 months, Art had remarried to a Filipino girl that was in her teens, that someone had set him up with, and they had been communicating online for months before Ramona died.
    The implication was that basically, Art bought a mail-order girl bride.

Even the circumstances of Ramona’s death seem strange.
    Art and Ramona had gone out into the country in their motor home and were camping in the desert, and Art later said that he slept right through her having the attack and dying and didn’t notice she was dead until he woke up the next morning.
    Normally, people with asthma would have had an inhaler, and whatever other medication they needed along with them, especially if they were going to a remote place in the desert.
    If she had an attack coming on, and didn’t have the inhaler, she could have awakened Art, so he could get her some help.
    None of that happened.
    I don’t remember all of the details, but you can find it online if you look. I hope that Art didn’t kill Ramona, but there was other talk about them having problems in their marriage as well; so while I would not say that he had something to do with her dying, I am not so sure that Art was innocent, either.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I prefer to think the best of him, and that she died because she didn't know how to manage her meds. Having albuterol with her may not have helped if she continued to take her Advair. Some of us just can't live without female companionship as well.

https://news.cornell.edu/stories/2006/06/common-asthma-inhaler-causing-deaths-researchers-assert

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

We used to have Coast to Coast playing every night until George Noory took over, but it's been years since I've tuned into it. Since Art Bell left, every time I tuned into it, it seemed to be a long infomercial for one food supplement or another. Art Bell got pretty strange in the end. With his on-again, off-again nonsense, he reminded me of Ross Perot, but he was still far more interesting than George Noory's infomercials. We still listen to Art Bell pretty much every night. Even though I've practically memorized some of the episodes and he's been dead for about a decade, I'd still rather listen to him than George Noory.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Do you remember when C to C was a political talk show? It was before he got into the aliens and supernatural stuff. He had a Nazi and a super-Liberal Border agent that used to call many nights and some preacher in North Dakota. I think the preacher lasted into the supernatural days. He made an announcement that both political parties were the same and it was so maddening that he was not going to address it any more.

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I don't, but he spoke of it from time to time. He was glad that he moved away from politics.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The characters that called were a hoot, though.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  10. Ivan Tea Sanderzon

Ivan Tea Sanderzon Well-Known Member
    Registered

I know, that was really crazy. One Philipina wife dies and he comes out of the market with another!

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I did too, but he sure got hooked up with a much younger woman soon after his wife passed, I think her could have waited at least a couple weeks,lol.
    I listened to his shows now and then.

12. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

We listen to Art every Saturday night since nothing else on radio to counter ear ringing or thoughts. His show here is " Back In Time,

Don Alaska and Jacob Petersheim like this.
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Coast-to-Coast was censored here last night. I don't listen any more, but my wife does. She said there was a guy being interviewed that was supposed to be on for the first two hours. He got through the first hour talking about how we were being led into nuclear war and that 300,000 people would die in the U.S. When they went to break, they came back with a podcast award show and Coast-to-Coast was gone. The website for CTC didn't reflect the issue, so it must have been someone local who did it. Did anyone else see that?

14. Yvonne Smith

Do you know who was the guest on the show that was censored , @Don Alaska ? Sometimes, these people go on more than one show, and if you remember who was speaking, we might be able to find him speaking elsewhere and get the whole program.
    We go to bed pretty early, and never have a radio on at night, so I have not listened to C2C in many years. Bobby gets up in the wee hours of the morning sometimes, and he then listens after he gets up, but I slept through all of it, since Bobby listens to it on the porch when he is outside smoking and having coffee.

15. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Benjamin Barach (sp?) was the guest who was cut off. She figured it was censored because it didn't just go to the next guest but went to some recorded awards show.