Baked Eggs

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Faye Fox, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I used to always have hard-boiled eggs on hand for quick protein snacks. It became a hassle with all that boiling and then all the shelling and losing half the egg white due to impatience or whatever, I quit eating hard-boiled eggs and punishing myself with this labor-intensive process.

That is until I was watching a cooking program out of sheer boredom and saw this method.

Put a dozen eggs in a muffin pan. Preheat your oven to 325 and then once up to temp. put the eggs in for 30 minutes. Take them out and then put them in ice water for 10 minutes. The shells almost fall off. Put in a lidded container and enjoy.

I tried it yesterday and the results were amazing. I wish I had known this years ago.

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’ll definitely give it a shot!
    I would rather grab 3 or 4 hard boiled eggs when I want to fill in the gaps than anything else but like you, I have sort of left the habit behind due to the boiling process.

The only drawback I can see at this moment is that since the shells are very porous, I like to throw some salt and cayenne pepper into the water when I boil them.
    That said, if baking them eliminates some of the hassle then I can always add the hot stuff after the fact.

Faye Fox likes this.
  3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Exactly! Baking eliminates all the hassle and the need for any water seasoning or salting. As I said they almost peel themselves plus sprinkling salt and hot paprika on the eggs before eating is easy enough. I put most of them in the sealed container, cut them in half and salted and seasoned them, and even made a few into deviled since I love yellow mustard. I just had one and the salt and paprika soaking in overnight really pulled in the flavor.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I have heard of this but never tried it. Usually I only boil 2 or 3 eggs at a time which doesn't seem worth the trouble of heating up the oven. I have wanted to make those little mini-quiche things in a muffin pan, though. Good tip, Faye!