Battle Bots

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Faye Fox, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I love watching battle bots. Not just the battles, but the info on their design and weapons. This new season has really produced some surprises. It is amazing how much those bots weigh and what they cost to make. The precision machining on them is just amazing.

My favorite weapons are the spinners and the launchers. I was shocked that the champ from last year, the golden nut winner, was taken out in its first battle this season. I get my best thrills when a 250 lb bot is tossed 15 feet in the air.

2. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I love that show. Last week there were a couple of really short bouts.....right out of the box...BAM! All that work down the drain.

My nephew teaches robotics. He got hooked on the original show called, if I remember correctly, Robot Wars.

Faye Fox likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It sucks not having cable. I loved those shows.

4. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My favorite show is over 30 years old, it was Junk Yard Wars. I think it was a British show not sure. Two teams were taken inside a huge junk scrap yard and given a task to find components to build a vehicle of some type. They would be allotted only so much time to construct it. I saw them cross large ponds using a raggedy vehicle that they got running and strapped drums all around the vehicle to keep it afloat and made a prop since the vehicle was an old four wheel drive and had the extra drive shaft un-needed they just ran a tube out the back with an old boat engine prop. I loved the show it was really fun to watch.

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I like that show also being a DIY person myself. I also really like The Repair Shop which was recently canceled. I love watching skilled people at work.

Thomas Windom likes this.
  6. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Have you watched YouTube videos by this little gal? Amazing the stuff she does. I usually start watching one and then can’t stop.

7. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Looking carefully at her hands and motions, I got the opinion that these were likely staged. Mechanics do not have clean, delicate, manicured or gloved hands. Also, her moves and and the way she uses tools are not those of an experienced mechanic. Cute girl but looks like staged propaganda to me.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
    Faye Fox likes this.
  8. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Love that show!

Faye Fox likes this.
  9. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Might be, still interesting to me. It’s like those guy who build luxury spa holes in the ground with their bare hands. You know it’s only being done for a YouTube audience.