Be Careful What You Wish For

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Bobby Cole, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Soooooo…..this very sad, down and out kinda guy finds a lamp complete with a genie in it and was granted one wish and one wish only.
    He thinks for a few minutes and says to the genie, “I just want to be happy” and ZOOBA, he finds himself in a cottage with 6 dwarves in the mining business.

I think it’s safe to write that nearly everyone has wished for something in the past that came true but alas, the wish should have been more explicit because well, it just didn’t turn out as expected.

Okay, so what mess did you make with your one wish?

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole ... I have heard people complain about answered prayers that did not turn out like they had hoped for. i learned years ago, when wishing,or praying you must be specific. And spmetimes youtr better off with unanswerd prayers... {Garth Brooks) The bottom line for me was learning to not force round peg in square hole. Sometimes it best to just leave it alone. ;)

3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yup. I found out early on that being extra careful and specific was the best way to pray for needs.
    Less than that and one could get what one needs but not necessarily the way one wanted to get it.

4. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

People think their prayers haven't been answered. They need to realize that "no" is an answer.

When I was a teenager, I wanted people to think I was older than I was. Many years later, I have come to understand that my prayer has finally been answered......

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny, but my last supervisor/director of the department I worked in, said that about those that wished for snow on Christmas 2006 in the Denver area. A week from Christmas and there was absolutely no snow, except for in the mountains. Well, a wrap-around blizzard hit! Wrap-around meaning, the blizzard started in the mountains, went all the way to the Plains, then turned around and came back to the mountains. Where we lived, 28 miles south/southeast of Denver, we had some 7 feet of snow, with very high snow drifts. We were able to open our garage door and measured almost that much in height.

This blizzard, known as the Holiday Blizzard of 2006, is in the Weather Channel Archives of blizzards in the U.S.

6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

And then there’s “every teenage guy ever” who, after being dumped wished, prayed and promised anything and everything if his lost love would return.
    Pity those however, who got their wish just to find out he should have wished for a Harley. It would have been cheaper.

7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't think I can add to any of this ,seems its all been said. Kay Sera Sera.

8. Julia Curtis

Julia Curtis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've wished for enough money to go into a grocery store and buy anything and everything I wanted without checking prices.That was 10 years,2 days and 3 hours ago to date.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.