Biden

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Martin Alonzo, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I thinl most of it began in the 1890's when the Progressive Movement came here from Germany. Their philosophy has been--and is--to let the "experts" make all the decisions and keep the elected representatives and the people out of it as they are just too stupid and uneducated. T. Roosevelt was the first Progressive President, then Wilson. It bounced between parties until FDR. The Dems have owned the title ever since.

Ken Anderson and John Brunner like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

As much as I like the Daily Wire, I’m not sure if they even have to worry about it at least for the present time. The mandate is for businesses with 100 employees and more.
    If they do indeed employ that many people they’ll absolutely need to seek council but somehow I can’t see 100+ employees working for a FB and a small live streaming show.

All that said, from what I heard on the radio this morning is that there’s a bunch of folks who are going to buck the mandates simply because (1) they’re being ordered what to do by an inept President and (2) Biden and Psaki both said that mandating vaccines and masks wasn’t the government’s job ergo another Biden lie.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

To think about it, here’s a real kicker.
    Since 1985, employees must be able to provide proof of their right to work and sign an I-9 form to prevent illegal aliens from taking jobs from U.S. citizens. The fine for businesses not adhering to that mandate is $5K per undocumented employee. Very rarely does anyone check businesses and their hiring policies. A mandate that could help citizens secure positions is almost totally overlooked.

Yet, when Jimmy Carter became President, the mandate to regulate temperatures in public places in the wake of the energy crisis had inspectors hitting every restaurant, lounge, hospital, theater etc with the ability to levy heavy fines for non-compliance.

Now, we have a mandate from the President via the Department of Labor and OSHA that regulates who can work and who cannot based on a vaccine that still has unknown long range side effects. This mandate can levy a fine for employers 14K for each employee who isn’t documented to have taken the vaccine. Documentation would require an employer to have health information previously tightly guarded by HIPAA laws.
    Important Note: The HIPAA act is a FEDERAL LAW but it would seem that the President’s mandate supersedes the LAW. When does a mandate supersede a law?

Now I am wondering how many Federal employees will be hop-scotching from business to business checking on the inoculation mandate and how much they’re going to get paid to kill businesses and put fellow citizens out of work?

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is a transcript of his speech.

It makes for a chilling read. I cannot believe this is coming from an American president.

Here are some of the chilling/deceitful excerpts:

Many of us are frustrated with the nearly 80 million Americans who are still not vaccinated, even though the vaccine is safe, effective, and free.

This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated, [snip]

That 25% [unvaccinated Americans] can cause a lot of damage, and they are.

[snip] a distinct minority of Americans supported by a distinct minority of elected officials are keeping us from turning the corner.

We cannot allow these actions to stand in the way of protecting the large majority of Americans who have done their part and want to get back to life as normal.

You’ve been patient, but our patience is wearing thin, and your refusal has cost all of us.

What about children under the age of 12 who can’t get vaccinated yet? [makes references to "working on it"]

If they’ll not help, if these governors won’t help us beat the pandemic, I’ll use my power as president to get them out of the way.

Today, I’m announcing that the Defense Department will double the number of military health teams that they’ll deploy to help their fellow Americans in hospitals around the country. (what is this???)

(ends speech) Get vaccinated. [whispers it]

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yeah, I heard the speech and heard the more “dictatorial” parts of it again this morning. The thing about reading it is that it doesn’t include him whispering into the mike again like he’s some kind of tough guy in a De Niro movie.

Funny thing, he hasn’t gone to the Taliban with any mandates and as a matter of fact, they know him for what he is….weak. But, still trying to play the big bad guy, he finds it appropriate to try to sound tough when he’s speaking to the American people.

Alas, Biden also called the Chinese leader yesterday reportedly to smooth out the investigation of finding out where Covid-19 came from. I wonder if the talk included something akin to what he told the Afghan president back in July?
    He still hasn’t figured out that we already know where the virus came from but yet he’s asking for cooperation from the leader of where it came from. Stupid.

I wonder if Biden knows where babies come from? I mean, since he’s busy asking for answers to questions everyone knows, I wonder how far that lack of knowledge travels for him.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

At same time feed the Military Industrial Complex ,follow the money.
    We were warned by some great men who were either killed or blackballed till death. Some how the only one who survived them was Ike Eisenhower.
    McCarthy tried to warn us and was driven to depression and alcoholism till he died.Ameica media king Edward g Murror and freinds basically took him out.

7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

8. John Brunner

My last job was with a Federal contractor (who are now mandated to "get the shot.") Man, am I glad I'm retired.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I heard a nurse on the radio proclaiming that she will not get the shot. When asked what she will do without a job she simply said she’d figure something out.

That started me thinking about what she would do and of course I came up with her starting a home care business or private nursing which might be an under the table type of payment schedule.
    I can see that coming up though. Many will succumb to the mandates but others will get fired or quit and open up a small cottage business which might cater to the “unwashed” who have also opened up small cottage businesses and all totally under the table and essentially avoiding the tax man.

10. John Brunner

Any such people will be sought out and crushed, starting with states under "Woke" governors. Biden will use his power as president to get the rest out of the way after he has pushed them into a position the government can legally attack.

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

That might explain the decidedly "German" tactics that they have used, with the divisions, the brownshirts, and the campaign of cognitive dissonance.

Far too much of our population is comfortable in the role of being stupid and uneducated, even to the point of taking pride in letting the appointed experts do their thinking for them.

That's the point. They have more than a hundred employees. I wouldn't have brought it up otherwise.

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

As I understand it, The Daily Wire does indeed have more than 100 employees and claim they are going to court even though they are pro-vaccine. They also claim to be pro-America, and this is not an American action. It seems we are going down the same road as Venezuela under Chavez. Even Alaska's governor called Biden's action ridiculous and unenforceable. Florida has announced they are suing the Biden Administration.
    In addition, there was a squadron of Blackhawks that escaped to Tajikistan (I think) with Afghan pilots and lots of intelligence-gathering gear. There are reports that the Taliban are demanding the return of the helicopters and gear. The Administration is said to be ordering the pilots to fly the equipment back to the Taliban, as they Taliban will start slaughtering the American hostages (that don't exist) if they are refused.

13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Here is a discussion about why Biden is exempting the USPS from his vaccine mandates while punishing private businesses. What do you think?

link

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

We’re already in the throes of civil unrest so I fear that any such action any woke governors promote or Biden for that matter will escalate things into a Civil War.
    The straw that broke the camel’s back is only inches away.

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

It’s one of those slippery things. Yes, government employees do include the USPS but there’s a small perk here. The USPS is attached to the Executive Branch of government. If the mandate is carried forward to the USPS then that same mandate applies to anyone attached to the Executive Branch and heaven knows that Biden wouldn’t want to create a mandate that applies to him or his cronies.

Don Alaska likes this.