Biden

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Martin Alonzo, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

"Can’t threaten the mail-in ballot process."

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't know. The Global Left has professional protesters. Normal people don't do that kind of thing.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Alas, these aren’t normal times….

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  4. John Brunner

Yeh, I posted my pics of The March on Washington in 2009 and told of the people I met from all over the country who showed up for it. Perhaps it's time again.

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’ve been all over the place checking on the legalities of the mandates and it’s interesting to note that employers can’t force employees to be vaccinated. I mean, they can but the penalties for doing so could be quite expensive.
    I think any court and especially the SCOTUS will shoot Joe’s mandates down very quickly.

Here’s a short but to the point video that might enlighten those who are concerned over the issue.

John West and Don Alaska like this.
  6. John Brunner

Here's the reality for government contractors...There are no real standards for who is invited to bid on work and who is awarded work (although government files are supposed to be squeaky-clean when it comes to justifying the expenditure of taxpayer dollars.) I won't go on a lengthy diatribe, but the award documents issued by Federal Contracts professionals would get a private contractor immediately disbarred for life from ever receiving Federal government business again.

Anyway, Biden may not legally be able to enforce things on this specific group of employers, but if Invitations to Bid or Contract Awards suddenly dry up, there is zero accountability to it. A Contractor can take them to court, but pissing off a customer is never a good strategy, and these people are about as passive-aggressive as it gets. You may as well fold up your tents, fire everybody and go home.

Regarding other businesses: most places are At-Will relationships. You can be fired for No Cause...they just decide to fire you. I don't necessarily disagree with this (after all, I can quit anytime I want, so it's a Two Way Street.) It should be interesting to see how this plays out. And things are always contextual...it's a worker's labor market these days...lots of Help Wanted signs and not enough applicants.

edit to add: The really stupid thing about doing this to government contractors is that most of them have a mandatory work-at-home workforce so that the contractor can save rent money...my employer started doing this in 2010. These people have been Sheltering In Place a full decade before there even was such a thing...and they need to get vaxxed?

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

This is all over the internet today, but no one seems to know what Biden was screaming about, or to whom the screaming was directed. I am sure that more information will be forthcoming; but right now it just seems to be this picture of Biden during the Minute of Silence at the 911 ceremony. Even Obama looks pretty shocked at what Biden is doing.

220576BB-8C8A-4D4D-9711-510C9737989A.jpeg

8. John Brunner

I could not find details, just an observation that Biden was the first president to not give a live speech at this annual 911 ceremony.

Regarding those he is surrounded by: his comments about American being unremarkable kinda make sense.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

The president will not be speaking at the annual ceremony because he's a blithering idiot.

10. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

:D

11. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'd say you are being kind.

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  12. John Brunner

Spurred by Biden's creepy Hitleresque/Jim Crow-era "We're sick of those people and they can't mix with us" speech, I was wondering how quickly he's becoming a liability and how long it will be tolerated. I was then going to engage in conjecture when I realized that there are professionals who do this better than I, and they live in Las Vegas.

-Before the withdrawal from Kabul the odds of Biden not completing his term were 33%
    -After the withdrawal from Kabul the odds of Biden not completing his term went to 41%

I cannot find any odds updated after his "We gotta get them unmasked bastards and all the unmasked-lovers out there" speech, and certainly none after his 911 ceremony outburst.

41% odds that the sitting president shall not complete his first term...only 9 months into it!!! What a horrible position for this country to be in.

Bruce Andrew and Don Alaska like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

It's especially funny that he prefaced his announcements with some rambling comments about bringing unity to the country. Would that be after he killed or imprisoned everyone else?

14. John Brunner

The media backs them up on this crap all day/every day.

-The Democrats scream "Resist!" when Trump's in office and Trump is the divider.
    -The Democrats scream "Obey!" when they are in office, and free-willed people are the divider.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Ken Anderson

And for the most part, Republicans go along with it.