Big Ben Retiring!

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Neither of us are huge Pittsburg Steeler fans, but last nights game, in pretty cold Pittsburg was great and the Steelers won. One thing is a definite fact, Steeler fans love their Quarterback, "Big Ben". If the Steelers would've lost, that would've been Ben's last game, but he goes on, since they won. He stuck around, after the game, and walked around the wall of the field, giving "high-fives" to fans. Fans all over the stadium holding signs thanking Ben and saying "we'll see you in Canton (Hall of Fame)".

It was really nice that his wife and family was at the game to see him throw touchdowns and win the game.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I was a big Steelers fan for 50+ years, but left all pro football when politics entered the games. Ben could have been a really GREAT quarterback, but he didn't grow up until late in his career. Mike Tomlin doesn't expect his players to play to the best of their ability as long as they follow his game plan. If Tomlin had been a better coach and Ben had been made to play to his potential, the Steelers would have been in the Superbowl almost every years. Alas, it was not so, so perhaps if Tomlin retires, I will start watching watching Steelers games again.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

The "kneeling" didn't really bother us, and, apparently, doesn't bother a whole lot of NFL fans. All of the stadiums/games are full, to "standing room only".

It just seems like, today, most everyone has a political statement to make for something.

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh I don't really care how it affects the team or the NFL as a whole. I used to watch football as an escape from the stresses of life. When it started adding to those stresses, I simply stopped the activity. I don't usually regulate my own activities based on the activities or opinions of others. I DO appreciate having much of Sundays free after church instead of glued to the screen. I never did get into he hype of the Superbowl. I always thought of it as a matchup of the two top teams, nothing more.

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.