Blue Buffalo

Discussion in 'Jobs I Have Had' started by Ken Anderson, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

After I retired from EMS, my wife and I moved to Maine from Texas, and we have been earning our living online, pretty much, since then.

However, following the terrorist attacks on New York City in 2001, online advertising took a big hit, and we found ourselves with not a lot of money coming in.

In order to get back on our feet, we moved to North Carolina for a year and a half.

Previously, I had found part-time work with Blue Buffalo, a pet food company, representing the company in pet stores in Bangor and Augusta but, since Bangor is seventy miles from my home, and Augusta is another eighty miles, one-way, the driving costs and time put a big dent into the profitability of that.

But, there were several more stores in North Carolina, so I worked six 6-hour days a week for Blue Buffalo, with double shifts on Saturday and Sunday.

I enjoyed that because I learned a lot about pet nutrition. The job involved representing Blue Buffalo to pet food store staff and customers, and I found that I was pretty good at it. We were judged by the increases in sales in our stores, and my stores did very well. It was easy to do, since I had been feeding my own cats Blue Buffalo since before they hired me.

I worked in stores in Apex, Cary, Fayetteville, Garner, and Southern Pines, but I could schedule my own hours and, besides the salary, they were pretty generous with product coupons.

I still think about going back to work for them on weekends in Bangor, although I wouldn't care to drive to Augusta on a regular basis anymore.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Ken, I am not familiar with Blue Buffalo....but I think you need a picture!;)

[​IMG]

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

R.96e175626268d41c3ba11979a3f524f3.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Great logo!
    [​IMG]

Ken Anderson likes this.