California Bill Would Ban Boys And Girls Departments In Stores

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Dwight Ward, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

https://nypost.com/2021/03/06/california-bill-would-ban-boys-girls-departments-in-stores/

This is an old story but new to me as of today.
    Excerpt:

Low told the Sacramento Bee he was inspired by Target Corp.’s move to do away with gendered signs in 2015.
    “As much as I’d like to think of this as watershed legislation, this is something the industry is already doing. We’re just trying to play catch up,” he said.
    He also cited a staffer’s 9-year-old daughter, who complained the science toys were in the “boys” section of a store.

Could it be that boys buy 90% of those science toys? Next, co-ed showers for your six-year old? Pre-pubescent sex change operations?

Don Alaska and Al Amoling like this.
  2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

The kind of logic that makes doing this is stupefying. Risk your whole business because of a complaint by someone in a miniscule sub group.

3. Dwight Ward

Registered

Now little girls can pick out their very own jockstraps and genital cups from the unisex sports department. Every time I think the world can't get any more absurd ...

4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Unfortunately I don't think we've seen the depths of depravity that are coming.

5. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

It’s one thing for department stores to do it but that is no role for the government.

6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

California Bill Would Ban 'boys' And 'girls' Departments in Stores ???

The bill does not seek to prohibit boys and girls sections in department stores but rather is aimed at requiring stores to have a gender-neutral section displaying items "regardless of whether they have been traditionally marketed for either girls or for boys. -AP

I haven't been to a strictly Toy Store in decades, but I can't think of any department store that has separate sections for boys toys and girls toys now. Some tend to be in separate sections of the toy shelves, though.
    The bill would only affect department stores with 500 or more employees and would not apply to clothes but only to toys and "childcare items." [“Childcare item” means any product designed or intended by the manufacturer to facilitate sleep, relaxation, or the feeding of children, or to help children with sucking or teething.]

FULL TEXT OF BILL (it's only one page long)

Much ado about nothing, imo. Clickbait headline?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    Ruby Begonia and Janice Lynne like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The minuscule subgroups are in control today, thanks to the larger group of people who are either scared or brainless.

Bobby Cole and Ed Wilson like this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

No big deal.. Making a mountain out of a molehill.

Ruby Begonia and Janice Lynne like this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

What's disgusting is that time was wasted on such a pointless bill, "requiring stores to have a gender neutral section"... seriously????? Doesn't California have larger problems to deal with? Aren't there any normal people left in California to object to such bullshit?

10. Dwight Ward

Registered

The bill saya what it says and does what it does. If you don't think it matters that corporate forces, academia, government and the controlled media want to blur and eventually erase the distinction between male and female, I won't try to convince you it dpes matter.

11. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

The next thing will be that they remove the classification of the sizes of "small", "medium" and "large" for clothing. Large people might be offended and some small people as well.

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm trying to figure out how they will enforce something so absurd. Does California have a government division of Secret Shoppers that will rat out the Dollar Store for non-compliance? Good grief; homeless are crapping on the sidewalks in LA and they want "gender neutral" laws. I'm so glad I live in Texas, and I wish the idiots from California would stop moving here and trying to turn this into the ridiculous shithole they ran away from. :mad:

13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yeah that is California for you. What ever they do or do not do always seems others states follow their lead. Who dreams up this crap anyway?

Ed Wilson and John Brunner like this.
  14. Dwight Ward

Registered

...a further word about whether this de-genderizing for children is important or not. Unto itself, and tentatively with no connection to other things, it could be seen as merely an oddity. As part of a broad spectrum of projects designed to separate the masses into warring parties based on nonsensical divisions, it is as important as any of those other projects. The divisions of men against women (in this instance girls vs. boys ), left against right, children against parents, blacks against whites, etc. are being deliberately exaggerated.

The difference they wish us to forget is that between everyday people and the sociopathic ruling elite.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Ed Wilson likes this.
  15. Janice Lynne

Janice Lynne Well-Known Member
    Registered

The toys that really do need to be 'gender neutral' are the science-based ones --- chemistry and so forth. Liberating those useful toys from the 'boy's section' will likely encourage girls' interest in STEM subjects --- a clear benefit to science and society!