Chicken Fingers For The Crew

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Thomas Stillhere, May 5, 2022.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Today I bought chicken fingers for myself and I minced up a helping for the 3 kittens. They're like Robbers waiting for the Train, they will never ever be the same and there isn't a chicken in the neighborhood safe from here on out. ;0)

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

So sweet I love cats.Nothing cutter than a little kitten.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So what do they like...Honey Mustard or BBQ?

4. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Just plain battered deep fried, today's batch was extra good. I have found that it is much cheaper to just buy deli food than to buy cooking oil, wash frying pans etc. The cats are growing a lot and into everything, they play grab _ss when it's supposed to be lights out. Last night one was trying to climb out of the window seal thru my blinds, had to get up and explain why it wasn't cool to tear up my window blinds.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Deli food is good. You get the benefits of commercial deep fryers without the costs of fast food...and the quality is generally better (as is the shopping experience.)

I read an article yesterday (recommended by Pocket) on why cats bug their owners at all hours of the night, but since Pocket does not have its own Search function, I cannot lay my hands on it. The main thing I remember is to not respond to their provocations; otherwise, it just encourages them (a form of feline blackmail that shall never end.) But they're meant to hunt at all hours of the day & night...a different article says they go on an average of 100 hunts to get the 8-13 small prey items they need to survive each day. It was written by someone who sells a feeding system where you fill the little mice-like containers and hide them throughout the house each day, so the cat gets to hunt and to eat over a period of time rather than "scarf and barf," as they put it. Probably not feasible with multiple kitties.

This article had suggestions similar to the article I read. I like the idea of not feeding you cats immediately upon getting up in the morning. Making them wait 1/2 hour trains them to not associate waking you up with an immediate reward. My cat loved making sure I did not sleep in. My bladder would be full and her aim was perfect when she stomped on me, ran to the door, looked back over her shoulder, and then came back for another shot at me if I did not immediately get out of bed.

-Dogs have owners.
    -Cats have servants.

Last edited: May 5, 2022