Comforting Presence In Severe Times

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Brian Naginoth, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Brian Naginoth

Brian Naginoth Well-Known Member
    Registered

I recently sprinted down the Valley of Death while in hospital. But my wooden Jesus cross and medallion of his face brought me great comfort and healing when It looked like I would be going home feet first.
    It started with a slip and fall (I could not get up-- I was wedged tight against bedroom wall. EMR folk got me to me feet and did a temp check. I had a fever and the COVID bells went off. At the hospital I was admitted, and had every orifice swabbed. Blood work showed bacterial infection. After a few bags of CIPRO, the infection died and I almost did as well. My Jesus wood cross and medallion of his face was very calming. I could feel a loving presence in the room during the worst of the infection. Next day, the tests (and there were many) said no COVID, variants, or MERS. The infection was gone and I was in great shape. ready to go home. The doc in charge said it was an "unexpectedly fast recovery". Guess medicine does not use the word miracle that often.

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

That's great news, Brian! One of God's names is Jehovah-Rapha. It means "the Lord who heals"! The Cross and Medallion serve as good sign-posts that point us to Him.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Glad you made a full recovery, Brian.

Ken Anderson and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I am glad your Icons work for you Brian. BTW Welcome to SO.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Brian Naginoth

Brian Naginoth Well-Known Member
    Registered

Quick addendum: One of my nurses talked to me at length about faith and how it heals. Before I left, she touched my cross and said there are only certain carved in stone truths. I wished her a long, peaceful and healthy life... and she thanked me for the blessing! I hope it brings her closer to the Gospel.

6. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Very Niece